Mas Air flow sensors

90turbo1

is there an upgraded, or perfomance upgraded maf that I can use with out computer re programming..

lots of people use c and l or something

i have heard of lightning maf's also

whats the deal. I am assuming larger so more air can flow through them eleminating a restriction, right?

First question is.... why are you against getting the car tuned properly if you intend to mod it?

For the cost of a chip and a base tune these days to get you started, there is no excuse.

If you use a C&L with a sample tube for your stock injectors, and leave the injectors alone then you will not need a chip, but neither will you be in the range of air flow to max out the stock MAF so why bother with the upgrade.

If you decide to move up to say 42# injectors with a larger C&L with the proper sample tube, then you are leaving alot of power on the table AND more than likely damaging the motor in the process... such as too much fuel at startup since the MAF isn't used at startup, too much fuel or not enough etc while the car is in OL due to nothing correcting the fuel delivered and the scewed load numbers, and because of values being altered from true state, spark timing is thrown out of wack so you would be getting too much timing at the wrong rpm/load etc.

In other words, if you are modding, get the darn thing tuned for the mods to get the most out of the mods, AND save your motor.

Fraser

well yes, tuning is on my list of things I would like to do. I was reading and alot of other cars are running larger MAF sensors mostly because of the restriction they pose to intake tract not the meetering capabilities. anyway I was just getting some knowlege on this.

and other cars MM&FF magazine had a write up on there SC and they used a C&L MAS air flow meeter and gained power torque and HP with just bolting that on. thats why I was wondering then I started to read about lightning MAF and throttle body..

right now I am in a parts collecting phaze of this car build while the car is getting the body fixed and the damage from the break in fixed.

Dont beleive everything you read...

Take Fraser's advice... There are more important things to do first before you monkey with percision measuring equipment.

Back