got a question

birdlessmuz

well finaly drove my bird and runs good low temp etc. but when i go to about 3000rpm check engine light comes on for a few seconds and turns off any ideas why or what i should check probroly hasnt been drove in to years motor just rebuilt less than 1500 miles ago

as idrove the car a little more maybe 50 miles the frequencey that the check engine light came on became less and less also it runs super cool never went past the N in norm does that sound right?

I've seen something like this on quite a few SCs that I have worked on.....

It seems that when the battery has been disconnected for some time, you will get a periodic CEL and sometimes a rough running engine....

Drive it like you stole it for about 50 miles, the CEL goes away and the engine runs smoother.....

I think the EEC is having to re-learn your driving conditions....

5 speeds seem to be more prone to this phenomenon than the automatics....

Did you actually check the engine yet?
Right. Be sure its still there. :D Its actually a "emissions problem" light. Funny thing about that is.. if you have a serious malfunction (e.g. loss of coolant or drop in oil pressure) the light doesn't come on. :confused:

Right. Be sure its still there. :D Its actually a "emissions problem" light. Funny thing about that is.. if you have a serious malfunction (e.g. loss of coolant or drop in oil pressure) the light doesn't come on. :confused:

That's when your "Check Gauge" light comes on.....:eek:

Back