Hub Swap Shopping List

Dwitjr

After reading a few threads about the hub swap, I think it is the way I want to go with my car in the future. What parts do I need off of which cars to make it happen? working on a college budget I gotta start finding these parts now or ill never get it done...haha

well i did mine not to long ago if you are trying to do this cheep the junk yard can be you best Friend :D i did a 94 so mustang hubs (94-04) with or without anti-lock rings i would get these new and rotors for the front (front done)
for the back you can get ths hub pressed out i got new mustang lugs i took hubs, rear rotors, and a front rotor (so thay can see what i wanted) to a machine shop thay driled rear hubs and rotors and presed in new lugs for $80
just press hubs back in and done

now i think i heard that on the early models you needed to get late models spindels (your friend the junk yard) 94-97

hope this helps
Chris

Last edited:
yea i have an 89, so i would need the spindles of a 94? that shouldnt be to bad. im going to the junk yard soon and i have a friend who can get parts cheap for me so hopefully it works out. Dont i need relocation brackets for the calipers or something??

No you dont need the spindles unless you want to upgrade the brakes to a larger diameter rotor or go dual piston calipers.

All you need is mustang 94+ front rotors and ABS front mustang hubs. You can reuse your factory calipers.

For the rear you can redrill your stock hubs and redrill a set of stock rotors. And be done, but mustang wheels will need hubcentric rings to be hubcentric.
The alternative is getting cobra Hubs and getting cobra rear rotors. Then get Adapter brackets to relocate the stock calipers. .

No you dont need the spindles unless you want to upgrade the brakes to a larger diameter rotor or go dual piston calipers.

All you need is mustang 94+ front rotors and ABS front mustang hubs. You can reuse your factory calipers.

For the rear you can redrill your stock hubs and redrill a set of stock rotors. And be done, but mustang wheels will need hubcentric rings to be hubcentric.
The alternative is getting cobra Hubs and getting cobra rear rotors. Then get Adapter brackets to relocate the stock calipers. .

so it sounds like the front is the easy part, its pretty much what to do with the rear. I was thinking that if im getting 94+ hubs for the front just to get them all the way around. so i will need a relocation bracket which i know i've seen on these threads before. anyone else have an opinion? im looking for lots. haha

The rears are tricky but there is a way around it for less money. I followed everyones advice on the front hubs and got spacers that change the bolt pattern for the rear. The added plus for me is that it brought the wheels out almost flush with the fender. I bought a set of four but the fronts hung out to much. I'll sell the the other set to you if your interested...

agreed he has probably the best written article on this swap that I have come across.

I too am in parts gathering phaze and there are plenty of those newer birds in salvage yard here were i live. let me know if you cannot find something

agreed he has probably the best written article on this swap that I have come across.

I too am in parts gathering phaze and there are plenty of those newer birds in salvage yard here were i live. let me know if you cannot find something

ill keep you in mind

Back