Interest in SCI pulleys

Ryan A Harris

I am a little taken back with some of the PM's I have recieved when I posted asome old stock of SCI pulleys for sale. I am looking into possibly making some more pulleys for the SC again. This is only a possiblity at this piont, nothing is frim. I have all of my old tooling, and programs, so really doing this again isn't all that hard. I say that, but I work at a different plac than when I made them before. So thats one hurdle I have to jump. I will also be looking at the price of material now, its been a few years since I have bought my own stuff for projects like this.

What I could offer. Fully machined pulleys, made from 6061 T6 Aluminum. Clear annodized, possibly can get into colours this time, proven track record from what I have done in the past. Proven dyno HP on most of SCI pulleys.

What pulleys I could offer

crank shaft, stock, overdrive, underive
Jackshaft, stock & overdrive sizes
Water pump, stock & underdrive
Alternator, stock & underdrive
SC pulleys, stock for late & early sizes & overdrive

Now Overdrive has changed for us over the years, and Magnum powers already offers many combos. I would like to stay away from stepping on there toes, so I could looking to "other" combos that we may need, or want to use.

Anyways, the short of this is, how much interest is there for SCI pulleys now?

All comments & questions are welcomed.

Ryan,

The one thing that I can think of that isn't currently available is a crank pulley that is underdrive on the accessories and overdrive on the SC. The MP overdrive crank pulley has the stock accessory pulley.

Other than that, I'd just like to say that I've been running SCI underdrives for years and they are a great product. Good luck Ryan.

Yea, price willing, I would go for a crank pulley that is underdrive on the accessories and overdrive on the SC.

Maybe the rest in aluminum as well.

Justin

My SCI stock-sized pulleys are some of my favorite parts on the car. :D

All I need though is some overdrive stuff...I'm thinking a 10% JS pulley. You should make it. :D;):cool:

I really wanted one of those stock size aluminum crank pulleys for $100> :( I used to have one but sold it for my 25% MP setup...I had to go back to a stock pulley for tuning for 91octane.

I'd also be interested in a 10% jackshaft and 5-7%SC

Ryan...

I confess... I am one of those that has PM'ed you.:D

I'd be down for a Stock Aluminum Water pump and a underdrive Aluminum Crank pulley.

Thanks for possibly reconsidering on these pullies.

Awesome!!

Jeff B.

Pulley's of value. I still have a 5% jackshaft pulley I bought from you the last time you found something sitting in your house. It's been running on my 90 since I got it.

I'd suggest looking at what other folks are selling and see what is missing. Don't scrimp on quality to undercut anyone unless you find others are just being crazy on mark up.

i like the idea of an underdrive crank pulley for accessories but overdrive for the blower. When figuring out that one I think you would have to do some prototyping as you want to make sure you don't end up with a dimension for which a common belt isn't available.

I would definitely be interested in stock-sized water pump and alternator pulleys. I'd also like a stock-sized power steering pulley that doesn't fly off the engine and explode for no apparent reason.

I'm just interested in the weight savings over the steel parts.

I am a little taken back with some of the PM's I have recieved when I posted asome old stock of SCI pulleys for sale. I am looking into possibly making some more pulleys for the SC again. This is only a possiblity at this piont, nothing is frim. I have all of my old tooling, and programs, so really doing this again isn't all that hard. I say that, but I work at a different plac than when I made them before. So thats one hurdle I have to jump. I will also be looking at the price of material now, its been a few years since I have bought my own stuff for projects like this.

What I could offer. Fully machined pulleys, made from 6061 T6 Aluminum. Clear annodized, possibly can get into colours this time, proven track record from what I have done in the past. Proven dyno HP on most of SCI pulleys.

What pulleys I could offer

crank shaft, stock, overdrive, underive
Jackshaft, stock & overdrive sizes
Water pump, stock & underdrive
Alternator, stock & underdrive
SC pulleys, stock for late & early sizes & overdrive

Now Overdrive has changed for us over the years, and Magnum powers already offers many combos. I would like to stay away from stepping on there toes, so I could looking to "other" combos that we may need, or want to use.

Anyways, the short of this is, how much interest is there for SCI pulleys now?

All comments & questions are welcomed.

I pm'd wanting one of the two you had. I would definitely be interested in seeing you pursue this again.

I would definitely be interested in stock-sized water pump and alternator pulleys. I'd also like a stock-sized power steering pulley that doesn't fly off the engine and explode for no apparent reason.

I'm just interested in the weight savings over the steel parts.

I would say "Ditto" but that's too short for the 10 character minimum.

Oh, what the heck...

Ditto!

I'm with Kurt and Justin. The crank pulley with underdrive for the accessories and overdrive for the supercharger sounds good. Right now I have all the pulleys you sold in the past. They are top notch.

I would be interested in an underdrive alternator pulley.

Also if you decided to do get into colors. A black stock jackshaft pulley would be awesome.

I like the UD/OD crank pulley idea. I also might be interested in an alternator pulley made that's a little smaller than the March one I'm running now to up the alternator's output at idle and to provide more clearance to the upper IC tube.

Back