i need a rundown and tune who is a tuner around pa

birdlessmuz

finaly got her running and would like to have a shake down and tune done to my 89 sc with fresh rebuild and car sat for like two years.im in pittsburgh,pa any suggestions

i need new struts does anyone know where i can get em or if i can just use reg gas struts

Ought to be able to replace the strut bushings without replacing the whole strut.

Oh, you mean you need new SHOCK ABSORBERS. Big, gigantic hint: 89-97 TBirds don't HAVE MacPherson struts, but are coil-over-shock designs. The only strut? Is that rod from the front to the lower control arm.

Alas, to buy them, you usually have to look at the strut listings.

As to what to use - Since you didn't give ANY hint what year / options your car has (and I'm making a WAG here that it's a MN12 ThunderBird Supercoupe) then I'd first ask you, what is your driving style? And what kind of shock absorbers does it have on it now? ARC? Sport? Rod rattling in empty can? :)

For what I'm doing, as a point - I'm installing AC Delco Gas pressurized shocks on my wife's 1991 Cougar, and removing the ARC (Adjustable Ride Control) for now. The factory original shocks on it are showing their age, and I can't currently justify the price of the only replacement shocks for that car, the Tokiko Illumina IIs (figure $500 to $750 a set depending on where you buy them.) A lot of others will swear by, and still others at, KYB or Bilstein for performance usage - we don't drive that way, and would rather not lose our fillings driving over Louisiana's fine, smooth roads (/dripping_with_sarcasm)

RwP

The only guy I would let tune a SC for me is in Northern Ohio, I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who would agree.
Alan

The only guy I would let tune a SC for me is in Northern Ohio, I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who would agree.
Alan

that would be xr7dave right..

he is a great guy helped me out a lot with tuning my car.. but if all you have is a tb dont waste your time and money on a tune.;)

Back