Finally got it!! with pics.

TXrgvBIRD

So after a looong tour in afghanistan came back, went on leave and the trailer dropped it off at my gf house, she looked so good with the cobras..she is a 5spd. rebuilt engine new including brand new heads, she has some performance parts already but i havent installed mine, anyways ima place a pics, im so happy with it after a new alternator and battery, an un plugged spark plug wire and the k member she ran soooo good and fast, smoked a manual 97 gt by a car and a half, im very pleased with her, this is my second one and i like it even more than my old 89, tell me what you think.

Attachments

• tbird.jpeg
    tbird.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 284
  • tbird tree.jpeg
    tbird tree.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 257
  • Parts.jpeg
    Parts.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
is it auto or amnual? and what gears? LOoks pretty sweet...your spoiler is sitting a little low on your trunk

It is a manual sorry i just edited my original posting, and i dont kno whats up with the spoiler, where do they sell those? i have no idea how the dude before me got it, the gears are 3.27's

you can see that I have the same one it is a xenon and in my pic it is sitting too low but I recently adjusted it and it looks way better sitting up more on the trunk...

Keep up the good work...early 5-speed and 3.27s is pretty low in 1st gear so be careful adding any boost ;)

Thanks for the tip, yo tell me about 1st gear the cars first gears redlines at like 17 to 20 miles per hour, when u asked me before what the gears where i said 3.27's because thats whats in my parts picture but the car seemed to have even higher than that, like if they had changed them before once im done with the army in december im going back to texas and doing interior and tranny and everything, then ill take a closer look at the rear end, as for now its on a garage covered waiting for me :)

well 1st gear in the early M5R2 is 3.75 (mustang 5-speeds are aroun 3.35) so the higher the # the lower the gearing cause faster acceleration but also less room in each gear...so you need to find medium.

You should find out what gears are in there just incase so you dont waste money...I've heard that 3.27s are good on pretty much stock early model SCs so if you are gonna keep yours mild then 3.27s should be nice.

For most guys pushing 15+lbs of boost they have close to 400lbs of torque to the wheels so hooking up tires is difficult with 3.27s

I have about 325rwhp and 400rwtq with the stock 2.73s and have trouble keeping the tires from spinning

Which Vogtland spring kit did you get, 3/4" or 1 1/2" drop?
I just put the 3/4" drop Vogtlands with new polyurethane spring cups on the top & bottom of the rear springs and new top spring mounts on the front springs on my 90 SC .
It actually lowered the car about 1 inch.

i bought the 1.6 inch drop, but in the pictures the car does not have the springs yet, i didnt have time to take pics of it with the srpings because the k member job was done just in time the day before i started driving to washington, it gave it a very nice drop, on the pictures it is rigged, the owner before me dropped it but he cut like 2 loops off the springs in the front, thats why he bent the k member because he was hitting everything, but its good now and i like the height.

looks good man. how long were you over? i'm anxious to be home from iraq soon so i can get cracking on my two birdies.

i was over there for a year, and bought the car over the internet its a wierd story...a friend of mine saw the car for sale on craigslist in florida bout 30 min from where he lives and he was about to go on lave, so he offered to buy it for me if he took my card, so i dealt with the guy thru the fone and brought it down to 1700 he said ok, i told him my friend would be home soon to look at the car and buy it if he was being honest, my friend is really good with cars so i trusted him, he told me the k member was bent which the guy had told me and the tranny grinded in 2nd which the guy had told me too, so i bought the car, the guy gave me alink and said this was the car before he bought it

http://www.motortopia.com/cars/1989-ford-thunderbird-2310

and it is its got the same chip underneath the drivers side mirror, the car looks waaay nice then and its pretty tore up right now but im fixing her up, specially the interior but other than that she runs really good. If anyone knows any history about this car please let me kno, it appeared to have been in car shows and maybe possibly you guys have seen it around, thanks

This car has had a few owners; definitely been around and seen it's share of abuse. I saw it back in 2007 at one of the florida meets. It was in decent shape back in the day, not really sure how it is now. I had an opportunity to buy this car almost 2 yrs. ago and I passed on it.

Good luck with it, the hard part is done already. Plus it's a florida car so the rust should be minimal.

Thanks for the information it definitely has had abuse lol i bought it off an air force brat who bought it off a person who apparently sold it to him without any fluids in the engine, so the engine blew on the way to his house, brand new heads, radiator, water pump and everything you can think off to prevent an overheat, its on my hands now. I cant go back farther than that, thats how much i know, When i replaced the k-member i took a very close look underneath and it is very clean somehow i was expecting it to be so jacked up because of how low to the ground it was, it does have a gash on the driver side undercarriage about 7 inches long, not bad tho. The ecm is just dangling in the trunk for some reason, i need to check that out once i get back to texas in 2 and a half months, the interior ir pretty much shot, but thank god for living in a border town!! all new carpet and headliner would be around 150 bucks by juan and paco if i take off the seats. Found a 93 sc in mission,tx that ima use as a parts car i already talked to the owner and he said it was cool so ima grab some stuff off it. Now a Texas car, ill be posting pics of the progress to show you all how Texans take care of their vehicles!!!

Back