Throttlebody

throttle body

If you can't afford a new throttle body at he moment. You can take it off and take a die grinder and swallow out that bar in there and also the end of the bolt you can grind them all the way down to the lip of the bolt. I do have some pics it your interested.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/50062473/50063707tfnkOL
i have ground the bolts all the way to the lip now and ground the bar a little more

Raymond

Are you serious?

Sorry Bro, but that looks like sh!t...I don't see why anyone would do that to their T-Body...Don't get me wrong though man, you have some great ideas, but that is not your best example IMO...

I mean if ya have very little cash and a early model SC T-Body, you could go to a late model for very little money...Or a stock 94-95 stang body is 65MM I think, that is another option with a tweek to the linkage...

Well

I wasn't done with it like it said, but it's not what it looks that that matters because you can't see it anyway.

The effect was to help let in alittle more air flow by stopping all the AIR TURBULANCE. This is for people who can't find a 94-95 mustang and mod the end link.

I would even do that do a newer 95 5.0 70mm when I get it because it will help the air flow smoother. This is just like taking out all the bumps and smoothing out the chambers inside the heads creating better flow.

Think about when the air is going over the throttle body butterfly and hits that bump in there what do you think is happening?

Ow another thing I don't like that stock 94-5 T body because of that ridge in there before the butterfly. This goes for all that I was trying to get away from

Thanks for responding and I hope you see it a different way now and can see where I an coming from or If you think my theory is wrong let me know and exsplain I am open to other theorys if you can prove me wrong.
Raymond

Hmm

Now that you say that I do remember seeing some company selling an after market 65mm. That's weird why would they sell the same size. They wouldn't so it would have to be 60mm or smaller. I am not sure about that though.

Hepcat...

Well, I don't think I am gonna try to prove your theory wrong, although I would like to see your theory proven on a dyno...Ya know...You may be doing more harm than good...

I will say that the ridge in the body makes no sense to me, other than restriction...If that is what they were looking for...I would not pretend to know what they were thinking when they put a choke hold on an engine that was born to breath heavy...BUT...Like with the later models that came with the larger MAF with the pillar in the center, I think they may have been trying to apply a vortex generator when they did that, and with that in mind I don't see that ridge or any other small bumps in the air path upsetting a vortex, if that is what it did in the first place...Similar idea in the fins they applied to our blower TOP..."Vortex Generator"...I think...???

Are we sure on the size of the T-Body on the 94-95 SC's??? To be the same as the early SC???Read it somplace, saying they were 65MM...Regardless, I found my 70MM BBK on a stang site for 75bux...Then some dude wants to trade me his 75MM for my 70MM...So...THere are deals out there, and if ya go grindin' on a BBK I don't wanna see it...LOL...

Cheers

sc

Sooner or later I will get that theory checked.

The fins in the sc top are to help the air flow out instead of swirling arround togther making it harder to get out. Ounce the air is between the fins it only has one way to go and thats out.

My theory is like the exhaust air flow the smoother the better the flow. If you have it hitting anything on the way out it causes the air to tumble slowing flow.

Water is a way to get an idea. Exsperiment with it because it acts like air. it is made up of the same When it hits an object. Does it loose some of it's force when it hits something compared to it going straight! Try it take some tubes that are bend and some that are straight. Also put a bolt or something to the sort infront of it and see what the water does. You will see the less it hits the more easily it will travel and the farther.

Here's one to think of. the stock intake tube with all the ripples. These sompanies that have done the research and came up with a design. Why are they straight. Whey are people saying that the less bends the better flow for sucksion. Think about that and then look to my theory again. Do you think the same thing now.
The only way you will understand is when you understand how air travels and what happens when it hits an item.

Ford knew what they were doing when they made the inlet tube for these cars and others. Well first it probibly is cheap for them and they didn't care about performance of this car, because they slowed it down big time and it still is close to there precious mustang arround that year. Did you know that these motors when first developed they had 280 horses. Ford down grading it any way they could. Look at the stock exhaust there's the best example of air flow.

Well a few things to think about.

Raymond

Back