PDA

View Full Version : Speed Based controller

bowez
08-25-2010, 06:46 PM
This idea came up with the guys that want to add an E-Fan to and car with a clutch fan. I believe I have come up with it.

Basic overview is an replacement for the CCRM and allows for other devices to be controlled--like IC fan.

I can set the fan to cut off exactly like factory at 40mph or any speed you choose. Speed (Hi/Lo) can also be controlled and no temp set independent of EEC or outside T-stats.

No new sensors are needed, uses only factory sensors, just need to tap their signal.

This can be adapted to control anything based upon speed(MPH) I just mention Fan since it has come up more than a few times.

Hock
08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Tell us more.

bowez
08-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Sorry I know my presentation is poor.

Inputs from VSS and ECT.
Modules controls fan entirely ground and power, up to 2 speeds and A/C on switching.

Still doing test but gauging interest. All question welcome.

KMT
08-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Sort of like this unit, maybe?

http://store.autospeed.com/Items/14465

bowez
08-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes and no.

Mine is more like the controller from
Painless (http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=30141), and a fraction of the cost and with the VSS signal decoded.

And unlike the Painless I don't falsely claim 70A of protection. I am only quoting and properly building--to CODE-- for use up to 30A of continuous use (stock is only 20A) with a 50-60A spike for start up. Also there is no need for extra sensors, only tapping the factory ones is required.

Further I do all the programming you only need to tell temps and speed you want you it to activate. Also I can get the temp with in a few degrees (tolerances stop me form guaranteeing exact temp) so there is no guess when you try to "program" it.

All of this is for a Rad E-fan, if using on the IC fan I could if you want have it come on based upon the Intake temp, or just shut it off at speed. Simpler and cheaper.