4.5 liter V-6

PDQ SC

Has anyone tried to put the 4.5 SVO V-6 (based on the 3.8) into an SC? It can be bored and stroked to 312 c.i.d. Part No: M-6010-E380. I have no idea whether it will bolt up same as the 3.8, but the info I have says it retained the production clutch housing bolt pattern for use with ford manual transmissions. Also had available aluminum "high-port" cylinder heads. Part No: M-6049-F380. For the V-6 purest it seems like a major upgrade.

Fascinating

I assume they are rather rare. Thats a shame, I'd like to have one. I'm looking at a 1990 performance equipment catalog from Ford SVO. They were designed for the NASCAR circuit and all about performance.

So, will it fit right in, motormounts, block length, etc?

I think the block length is slightly larger because of the larger bore spacing. But probably close enough to fit. I have no idea how the mounting configuration compares.

How high is the deck height on those blocks compared to the 3.8? Would it fit under the stock hood? Would an SC intake even fit--and if so, would it choke the motor so badly as to make using it pointless?

you should really check out some of the threads over on v6 power. but anyways, the motor mounts are the same..this 4.5l block will drop right in. bellhousing bolt pattern is the same. timing chain cover is IDENTICAL, water pump is the same. accessory brackets can bolt on just like a 3.8 motor.

there have been 3 people to swap a 3.8 for a 4.5l and have it run. snoopstang was one, Tom Y was another, and...ahh, I cant remember the guys name, he's over on V6P but he's got a 4.5l swap. wait, there was an 8 second v6 tube chassis tbird that had a 4.5l svo motor. there may be more people, but those are the only ones that are the most popular.

Requires signing up to view.

Gotcha ... forgot about that rule. I rehosted the pic for you (temporary).

347d5ki.jpg

Back