PDA

View Full Version : 60lb injector problem?

OneFastBird
08-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Here's the problem I have 60lb injectors on my 94sc...the fuel rail wants to pull off of the injectors once I start it up. The fuel rail is bolted down tight to the injectors. It might not do it everytime as soon as I start it up but it don't take long before it starts blowin fuel everywhere. Does this mean I need to upgrade the fuel rail? I've already upgraded everything else! The fuel pump as been upgraded along with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and 60lb injectors. Any suggestoins on what fuel rail to get.

Thanks

S_Mazza
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Are you using the safety clips from the stock injectors? Also, did the 60lb injectors come with new o-rings? And what fuel pressure is your regulator set to?

decipha
08-27-2010, 11:16 PM
you may need to elongate the holes for the rails so you can mount them lower, i had the same issue and fixed it that way

also be sure you reuse the clips of the old injectors

i elongated the holes using a dremel.. to each their own

Roadhawg
08-28-2010, 08:37 AM
you may need to elongate the holes for the rails so you can mount them lower,

I had to elongate the holes on the fuel rail mount tabs, so the fuel rail would set lower also..................

XR7 Dave
08-28-2010, 09:15 AM
It would have been easier just to bend the rail down slightly. Doh! lol :cool:

Usually people bend the rail upward on the ends when removing the old injectors which is usually why they have problems re-installing. Also, be sure to use the clips.

OneFastBird
09-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok I got the fuel rail set lower but I'm still having the same problem. As for the clips that you are talking about...it's been 4-5 years since I've torn the motor apart and I don't remember the clips that you are talking about but I can see where there should be one there. I might have sold them with my stock injectors because there not in my garage anywhere! :eek:

BirdofPrey97
09-02-2010, 04:27 PM
This post might help.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87877&highlight=%22injector+clip%22

scxr7
09-02-2010, 09:53 PM
:confused: maybe I did something wrong..or right. but I never had an issue after installing my 60lb injectors. mine were deka 60lb pencil style.