Chrome/polished oil cap

Tony8470

I've spent the last year or so polishing various parts under the hood. And I'm not really a fan of the yellow fisher-price cap. I read we can use the late model 5.0 mustang caps. I found these 2 on Summit. But they are a little too busy for me. I was looking for something cleaner. Are there any others that can be had?

Attachments

• fms-m-6766-mp46_w.jpg
    fms-m-6766-mp46_w.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 99
  • sda-555-0625-f_w.jpg
    sda-555-0625-f_w.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 89
I've spent the last year or so polishing various parts under the hood. And I'm not really a fan of the yellow fisher-price cap. I read we can use the late model 5.0 mustang caps. I found these 2 on Summit. But they are a little too busy for me. I was looking for something cleaner. Are there any others that can be had?

Here is one from UPR products, it goes over the top of the stock oil cap.
I have one on my car, I used some RTV between the cover and cap, to ensure it stays in place.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-oil-cap-cover-designer-style-polished.html

G_26346G_SW_1.jpg

ok

That one is nice.

How much you have to modify the tube? I quess it's not a bad job to do...;)

-Smai

i removed the steel top end... cause that cap is a bit bigger and has no treads like the original one the treads are in (like groves) so when i remove the pot end i put bolts of the size the fit the groves from the inside out and used small nuts on the outside then a put a clamp to cover that up and it looks kool i will take some pic's and post them

Duane that link isn't working for me. I tried browsing the site but couldn't find it.

Damon is there a way that the ford racing one is affixed to the cap or do you have to glue it on?

I saw UPR also had one that said oil with the symbol on it as well. I was thinking of getting that one.

I liked the supercharged one but it looks like the receiver need to hold the seal for the pcv system.

Last edited:
Tony it uses a 3m double stick tape. I have an aversion to chrome and stuff but this thing really looks nice. If my engine was bone stock Id stick with the stock cap but when I did the AR and the MP IC..Teh stock cap just looked out of place. This one really sets the engine bay off. Nicest one I could find IMO anywhere

Back