PDA

View Full Version : Needed - Accumulator Ball 1991 SC

Thunderbird83
08-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I need an accumulator for my 1991 Thunderbird SC. Seems these things are discontinued and out of stock everywhere that I have looked. Where can I get one? Preferably looking for new, but I would consider a good condition used too.

If you have one for sale, or if somebody can tell me where to buy one, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

nanatothesixth
08-30-2010, 05:13 PM
pm has been sent!

RalphP
08-31-2010, 12:34 AM
I purchased the GM part (GM used the Teves Mk II in several of their cars, also!) from AC Direct off Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9LTRC/ref=oss_product .

It's a touch smaller than the Ford part, but beats a bad one any day.

RwP

Ballman
09-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I too bought the new GM type, paid alittle over 100 bucks for it . cant beat new parts. Someone id going to sell you their ball for 50 bucks and thats half of the cost of the new one , go with new . D.Wilder

ironworker
09-02-2010, 02:07 AM
spinningwheels-sc

Ballman
09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Last time they were on back order, and they were alot more money . Even the GM ball has the hex head on the top, just as the Ford oem part did. D.Wilder

Thunderbird83
09-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks everybody,

OP here. I bought a new aftermarket accumulator ball from ABS Tech in Texas. It didn't have a hex nut on the top, so I used a little epoxy and put one on. The install went smoothly, and the system works perfect now. I get about 3 hits on the pedal before the pump kicks in, and the light is now off.

The nut that I glued to the top made it very easy to tighten the new unit, and I'm going to leave it on in case I need to take it off in the future. ABS Tech was excellent... I called them on Monday and I got the part in the mail on Wednesday.

ironworker
09-05-2010, 03:09 PM
what is the psi on these balls

ironworker
09-05-2010, 07:34 PM
5 star:
(5)
4 star: (0)
3 star:
(1)
2 star: (0)
1 star:
(1)

Average Customer Review
4.1 out of 5 stars (7 customer reviews)

Share your thoughts with other customers:
Create your own review
Most Helpful Customer Reviews

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
3.0 out of 5 stars Grain of Salt, August 4, 2009
By Jack C. Read - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: ACDelco 25528382 Pressure Accumulator (Misc.)
Please take this with a grain of salt as I am receiving it from a forum of knowledgeable mechanics. It has been stated that these accumulators are 'new old stock' meaning that they are in fact new but are twenty years old. The accumulator, it is said, have a rubber bladder, this I know for fact as I cut my old one in half to see, and that an inert gas is on the top side thereby providing the needed pressure 'accumulation'. The problem with the twenty year old part is the inert gas has seeped over the twenty years through the rubber bladder and are not able to provide the designed pressure accumulation. I have noticed a decline in the performance of this newly acquired part over the last few months of operation. It is still MUCH better than the old part I replaced, but one might be better off buying a newer NOS part from a reputable dealer/supplier.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?
Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

just a lil info gor u guys about these balls

like it sayes these are new old stock that are 20 years old. these balles are suppost to last 10 years be for they need replacing. I would much rather buy a brand new one then getting one of these and it goes bad in less then a week. i need money for performance parts . so i would just buy a brand new one that i know would last

Rick_Leuce
03-16-2013, 11:41 PM
I've recently been having some ABS issues (we belive its the accumulator)

I'd like to know where I could buy an accumulator for my 1991 T-Bird, I can only find non-Thunderbird accumulators.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25528382-Pressure-Accumulator/dp/B000C9LTRC/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive

Or better yet, has anyone ever tried to swap the ABS in their Supercoupe for a non-ABS out of a regular T-Bird?

In the short-run, I really need my car to run so I would need to replace the accumulator.

But in the long-run, I would be interested in replacing the ABS with a standard braking system, if its possible.

Any links, directions or suggestions welcome

90MN12
03-16-2013, 11:48 PM
You can get accumulator ball at spinningwheelssc.com Victor and Diane should have them. Got mine few months back. As for switching to conventional brakes its been done. Use search function. There should be more then one person that has done it and out up process and parts on there.