Saturday, Oct 26 a for sure date for Atlanta Dragway

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
Rick can go and I think Jason said he can go and I'll be ready by then, too. anybody else? Even if you don't want to race come watch us and share the day. Gates open at noon and time trials, then brackets.

Well crap

Looks like the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam is on that day. I gotta take it to graduate so unfortunately you'll have to count me out. Its a funny thing, we have to take it but we arent required to pass it. Apparently its just so the University can have their accredidation or some junk.
Sorry guys,

Jason, I had to take the Graduate Record exam the same way. I had to take it but didn't have to make any particular score. Sign your name to it and come on. Naw, you might as well do it right if you have to show up. Can you try again on the 9th?

To get to Atl. Dragway go I-85 to the Commerce/US 441 exit. I think it's #148 or something like that, go north on 441, 1 block to the Pizza Hut and turn left, take the 1st right and go about 1/2 mi on the right. Just look for the SC's. I'm going to try to pit on the asphalt close to start line.

Hmmm

The 9th? Well that is a home game weekend against Miss State but that ought to be an easy victory. Their team stinks this year so you pretty much know whats going to happen but then again its my senior year so im not sure if I'll sell that ticket and come up or not. I guess we'll wait and see. The next weekend I plan on going back up to Dalton to a railfanning get-togethor (where a bunch of other train freaks like me shoot rolls and rolls of 35mm film). The 23rd is a home game with Auburn at Tuscaloosa so there is no way Im missing that one! By the way Mike, what do you think of our team this year?
Jason

Well, I kinda wished that they'd beaten Georgia the other week! Hell, at this point I hope we beat Georgia. BTW, the 2nd of Nov is a bracket race day, too. If some people would respond (hint, hint, hint) about coming one of those weekends we could plan something. Even if they just watch and get together to talk. HELP!

Back