brake problem

91BLOWNBIRD

I did some searching and I believe I read that I will need a new accumulator...but I want to verify that first...

My problem is on my 91 5-speed...Only when I try to brake hard the pedal gets stiff and both brake lights come on one after another then disapear quickly...other than that the sytem works great.

Thanks for the help

Yes. That's what you need. Don't put it off, you also don't have any antilock braking at this point.

First time that happened on my car, it was due to a leak at the ARC pressure sensor on the firewall...6 months later when it happened again, it took an accumulator to make the fix.

No leaks? Accumulator time.

Yes. That's what you need. Don't put it off, you also don't have any antilock braking at this point.

Yeah I kinda noticed that it doesnt seem like antilock is working...never have had to really use it just noticed from messing around with my new 13" cobra setup...

I also replaced the switch under the master as it was leaking and no more leaks but problem still insists.

Thanks

I get mine from Saab 900s at the scrap yard....

They are a little bit smaller and they are an easy pick....:D

Do a search. I purchased a GM part number off Amazon, about $107 plus shipping, and it works great.

(The old pressure switch, OTOH, seems to be having fits now ... sigh.)

RwP

yeah I found that part number...might be what I do...not sure yet...

How is the instal for an accumulator? I've never done one. is tehre always pressure?

I'll add that with the 5.0, it's a LOT easier to remove the cowl covers first. Removing the cowl itself makes it even easier.

(I was replacing the wiper motor at the same time last time.)

RwP

Gotta love those easy fixes.....:D

I bought a 90 SC that had no brakes for $300.00

When I got it home, I found out that the ABS relay was missing.....:rolleyes:

Installed relay and car stopped just fine.....:p

haha

yeah I love it...my SC is almost 100% besides driver door hinge roller is gone so door doesnt stay open and this dang vibration...found a dyno shop to diagnose it...

and some fresh paint would top it all off

Back