CurtisPaulfrey
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Once again I have missed this years shootout but I have to

Install all the MSD parts
Get a driveshaft made
buy a set of bigs and littles

neverfastenough
09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I need to get line locks, driveshaft loop and some other odds and ends. Then I need to go get drunk, wakeup hungover and head to the track for some practice time. I figure Ill be hungover at the shootout on race day, so I might as well practice my r.t. and shifting hungover also.

Corey

92sclikenew
09-01-2010, 07:21 PM
windshield
trailer
and the money to make it there.:rolleyes:

VicRattlehead
09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
What's everyone still got left to do?

Me:

order taller, heavier weight front coilovers
install said coilover springs
order brake line fittings to repair leaking line lock fittings (created a list, will order these by friday)
intstall said brake line fittings
install new spark plugs
rebuild cobra halfshafts
install rebuilt cobra halfshafts
install pumpkin
reinstall starter, trans bellhousing bolts, torque converter nuts,
install BigScott's downtubes,
order some pipe to connect downtubes to "Y" pipe
mount new slicks on rims
perhaps throw a tune at the thing so it runs right this time

is that enough?

nickleman60
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
I need to install a driveshaft loop & hit the dyno or the track once to check things out.

BLOWN38
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah... thinkin about some of them nice holeshot wheels... "IF" I can find the bux.

moore89
09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
-Register for the shootout
-Call lots of friends
-Buy beer and pizza to offer to friends
-Convince friends to help take all the parts in the garage and on my 89, and install them on my 91.
-Convince them to come back after they realize how hard it is to work on this car
-Get car baseline tuned somehow
-Find a trailer and truck I can use

Basically I have to build a car, lol.

95_XR7
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Find a way to get stateside with enough time to install AR, tune car with QH, install Koni shocks, meth, etc.

Basically a garage full of parts....

without spending 1500+ on a plane ticket. :rolleyes:

-Corey

frdlvr30
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Find a way to get stateside with enough time to install AR, tune car with QH, install Koni shocks, meth, etc.

Basically a garage full of parts....

without spending 1500+ on a plane ticket. :rolleyes:

-Corey

Plane tickets are cheap right now in the States.....not sure about getting to the states....

Regul8r
09-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I THINK I have toooo much to do to get this ready to go!

I might not end up going with all the stuff I need to do!

Install ARP head bolts, mild ported heads, 94/95 SC and plenum(AND Paint), paint the IC Tubes, MP tensioner springs, ported exhaust manifolds, larger down tubes, high flow cats, Borla resonator, larger mid pipe, tail pipes, new rear bumper cover, 255lph pump, 94 fuel tank, both door hinge pin kits w/rollers, 4 speakers, radio, CB, canadian mounted seat belts with the rear interior panels, a pillar moldings, passneger side power seat base, both door seals, rear wing(AND paint it), remote gas door parts(AND Paint), larger MAF, new O2 sensors, new plugs and wires.
Paint the other SC Wheels, buy and mount 245/50 tires

You want to know the sad part in all of this...?

I HAVE ALL OF IT IN THE GARAGE!... except the exhaust down tubes and mid pipe!

I HATE NOT FEELING LIKE FIXING MY TOY!

CMac89
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Ummm....

-Build a motor
-Put it in
-New windshield
-Hook up two-step
-Put 3.27s in
-Figure a way to tune something that no other SC guy has had before.:rolleyes:

Quik95SC
09-02-2010, 12:59 AM
1. Build Motor...oops wait a minute forgetting somthing!!
2. Oh yeah, still waiting on parts for said Motor
3. Install Motor into car
4. Install Hood
5. Break in motor a week before shootout!
6. Wash and wax Damaged Car! (You will see!)
6. Load on Trailer
7. Show up and win Mod 2.........Again!

Should be fun!!

See everyone soon....hopefully!!

Smitty

kenewagner
09-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Well for the car, I have to install a driveshaft loup, install battery disconnect, change oil, buy a fire jacket, tires for the skinny front wheels, and clean the ugly beast. Besides that I have to wire the new trailer, license it, buy a spare wheel & tire, install a bracket for a wench, build 2 double IC in hopes to sell same ICs at the shootout to help pay for everything. Theres other small things to do but thats the bulk of it:rolleyes:

Ken

1MTNCAT
09-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Install 4.10s and a looser converter.:)

If I know in advance I may be able to make a day trip and lend a hand. :)

Ira R.
09-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Fuel car. Drive to OH. Open a beer. Listen to all the stories about how much everyone had to scramble just to get there. Show up at the track. Kick arse.

Yea, that's about it I think. ;)

Ira

DrFishbone
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Hmm...guess I better get busy. :rolleyes:

1) Paint Danielle's Mustang
2) Buy Danielle's B-day presents
3) Throw Danielle's B-day party
4) Clean up after Danielle's B-day party

.....then I can work on the SC. :p

1) Fine tune MAF curve / timing
2) Design and fabricate prettier & smaller air scoop
3) Design and fabricate air box
4) Wire up IC fan
5) Design & have center cap stickers made
6) Install CD player / Speakers
7) Clean car
8) Paint car???? :eek:
9) Dyno????
10) Practice!

The SC will most likely have to stay ugly for this shootout too....I will wash it beforehand this time though. ;):p

kenewagner
09-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Show up at the track. Kick arse.

Yea, that's about it I think. ;)

Ira

You running in Mod 1 or Mod 2 that you feel you will be kicking arse:rolleyes::D:D:D

Ken

rzimmerl
09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
- install driveshaft loop
- install aluminum driveshaft
- rebuild trac loc
- mess with the qh
- adjust the alky
- change the oil
- clean the car
- prepare for another good time at the shootout, and I have a feeling someone will be under the weather all weekend cause they just happen to turn 21 that weekend...hmmmmm;)

neverfastenough
09-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Im going to tree, zim zim.

Ira R.
09-02-2010, 01:39 PM
You running in Mod 1 or Mod 2 that you feel you will be kicking arse:rolleyes::D:D:D

Ken

Doesn't matter to me. Which ever is slower..... :eek: ;)

Hey, maybe it's finally time I faced the fact that I'm getting old and just can't shift fast enough with any regularity to keep up with you race guys. And the object is still to beat you all and win the jacket isn't it?

So let's see, try and run consistant 11's and risk blowing up the car or save my knee, granny shift all day long and get stuck in the mid to low 12's?? Hmmmm... that might be tough even for the big dogs to beat.

Now let's see what chit storm I just started brings. ;)

Ira

neverfastenough
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I plan to make a practice run friday, if all goes decent, youll have a turbo car to deal with in MOD 3 :p although Im not a big dawg

Quik95SC
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
So let's see, try and run consistant 11's and risk blowing up the car or save my knee, granny shift all day long and get stuck in the mid to low 12's?? Hmmmm... that might be tough even for the big dogs to beat.

Ira

No, No there will be no sandbaggin here!! If you seriously want to run 11's all day and your old body won't let you, let me know, heck I will even Shift/ Drive it for ya!! Besides your "age" will only hurt you in my class since we don't have fast cars we have to be good on the tree!!

Take care Ira, look forward to seeing all you guys again!

Smitty

rzimmerl
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Im going to tree, zim zim.

Depends if I let the word out that its your bday that weekend, and we treat you accordingly....oops I let is slip :p At least I can cut consistant less then 2.0 60ft., put the auto back in.

Ira R.
09-02-2010, 02:24 PM
No, No there will be no sandbaggin here!! If you seriously want to run 11's all day and your old body won't let you, let me know, heck I will even Shift/ Drive it for ya!! Besides your "age" will only hurt you in my class since we don't have fast cars we have to be good on the tree!!

Take care Ira, look forward to seeing all you guys again!

Smitty

I never used the word sandbagging. Never implied it either. Simply discussing driving up(?) to my potential. ;)

Ira

Quik95SC
09-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I never used the word sandbagging. Never implied it either. Simply discussing driving up(?) to my potential. ;)

Ira

I know Ira, Just yanking your chain here. :p

See ya soon!

Smitty

neverfastenough
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
My car has a sandbaggin knob, turn to the right, less sandbag, turn to the left more sandbag:cool:

VicRattlehead
09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
My car has a sandbaggin knob, turn to the right, less sandbag, turn to the left more sandbag:cool:

mines a button. push it less sand bag let off more sandbag

BLOWN38
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM
You CAN'T shift Ira's car, period!:eek:

1MTNCAT
09-02-2010, 10:26 PM
You CAN'T shift Ira's car, period!:eek:

Yeah, it don't like high RPM shifts much. That part I'll agree is not him! :)

super red91
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I need to practice my drinking.
Guess I should also go to the track and make sure I know how to drive stick also :cool:

DrFishbone
09-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Yeah, speaking of shifting, I need to practice speed shifting to see if my car will even let me do it. :rolleyes: I granny shifted all last shootout.

The old 83 Capri does sometimes! :)

David Neibert
09-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I think my 91 is almost ready. Fuel system upgrades are done and the driveshaft loop and 3.375 supercharger pulley are also installed. Just needs a little more dyno tuning and maybe another trip to the track.

Big thanks to Kurt K., Dave Dalke, Micah, Tony S and Mike Tuck for all the help.

David

ganuolfthegrey
09-04-2010, 11:55 PM
fix rear shock acutator
finsihing cleaning car
alignment
dyno to check a/f ratio
paint front bumper
fix small vac leak
then run a 14.00 flat at the shootout.

shoalcracker
09-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Guess I'll be looking for a 13.95 in this mismash of parts then.

They should be labelled accordingly.

Paul

Super XR7
09-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I am done a little early this year. This year I completed the following:

new 3600 rpm stall torque converter - nice nice update!
new aluminum drive shaft
added vacuum pump for the brake booster
new front drive shaft loop
new SS fuel rails
painted rims
added oil catcher in PVC line
upgraded trans cooler
put air filter outside the engine compartment
4 wheel alignment
Ceramic coated entire exhuast system
Welded bungs into headers for exhaust temp probes - eliminated the old band clamps
replaced leaking brake booster - used Napa brand this time
replaced leaking powersteering rack - again used Napa brand this time
flushed transmission and replaced with new fluid

I think I'm ready - running Mod 3 again

Mike

ganuolfthegrey
09-05-2010, 05:45 PM
:mad:well im going as a spectator as after 2 days of running i blew my headgaskets

Regul8r
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
i am not gonna be able to make.

Too much to get done before I would ever drive this thing that far.
Not enough time for me to get it all done and then money is tight with all my other projects I have going on as well!

Looks like I'll be using the free tickets for the Kansas Speedway NASCAR race that weekend!

Kurt K
09-06-2010, 12:23 AM
I think my 91 is almost ready. Fuel system upgrades are done and the driveshaft loop and 3.375 supercharger pulley are also installed. Just needs a little more dyno tuning and maybe another trip to the track.

Big thanks to Kurt K., Dave Dalke, Micah, Tony S and Mike Tuck for all the help.

David

No problem David. I'm glad my garage was a big help. I'm looking forward to finishing my junk in the next few days.

David Neibert
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
No problem David. I'm glad my garage was a big help. I'm looking forward to finishing my junk in the next few days.

Kurt,

Without the lift it would have been a real pain and very difficult to get everything fitted, plumbed and wired. The trans jack, the lift jack and other lift accesories you bought were all put to good use on my car. I've never had such an easy time dropping/reinstalling the exhaust and fuel tank.

Planning to be back at your place this afternoon to lend a hand.

David

Macros
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I know I still have to put something back in my car, but I just can't remember what it is!

Don't you hate it when you have extra pieces, but don't know where they go? :)

Ira R.
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Well now I do have some stuff to do, like every one else nothing goes wrong until the last minute. I have to figureout why she won't start even though it's cranking just fine, it won't catch. I need to open up the dash AGAIN and see if the boost hose has come off the stock gauge. I have to figure out why all of a sudden she wants to stall when I stop short and I have to figure out why it seems to be a little low on boost all of a sudden. Maybe only a pound or two but I can feel it.

And of course the usual routine pre-race items; oil and filters, check the condition of the brakes and the front bushings, oh yea rip out the old LC-1 and wire up a replacement and hope that fixes that problem. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but nothing more than anyone else and a lot less than some.

Ira

ricardoa1
09-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I gotta say, the shootout brings out all of the club members out of woodwork. At least if not completed there was hope that the car was going to make it for most of you. And you all get one step closer to a goal you set.

shoalcracker
09-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Reading the posts and flurry of activity, I'm wondering if the Shootout should be moved to the spring.

For a bunch in the Northeast, this highlight of the season and the satisfaction of mechanical perfection will be followed up with six mths of checking that its still in the garage.

Oh, I forget, there's a new list to get to.

Paul

David Neibert
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Reading the posts and flurry of activity, I'm wondering if the Shootout should be moved to the spring.

For a bunch in the Northeast, this highlight of the season and the satisfaction of mechanical perfection will be followed up with six mths of checking that its still in the garage.

Oh, I forget, there's a new list to get to.

Paul

Works best in the fall, because if we break them..we have all winter to fix them. That also works out good for people who want car parts for Christmas.

David

shoalcracker
09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Gotta love Santa.

Paul