Where can I get a jack shaft bearing?

M90 SN95

I have a 91 motor and the bearing for the jack shaft went out one me. Can i get just the bearing, or do i have to buy the entire shaft?

I also have the 5spd out of a 91 i would like to get rid of. I believe it is bad but never drove the car before i pulled the motor out.

This has been discussed a few time. As far as I know, neither the bearing nor the shaft are available off the shelf. You might need to go make friends with your local machinist. The shaft and bearings are all one unit, I think, like many "water pump bearings". See this picture for examples: http://www.nskamericas.com/cps/nsk/na_en/p/images/content/1.1.3.9_Water_Pump_Bearing_rdax_95.jpg

I think that the particular shaft and bearing used on our car are simply an oddball size. So that type of bearing is readily available, but not in our size. But it is probably possible to get the bearing bore either honed out to a larger size or sleeved down to a smaller one.

Worst case scenario but I can ship you the whole accessory bracket that has a good jackshaft bearing on it.

Back