Laptop.....this is car related :)

NEEDaSCbad

I know it doesn't sound car or sc related but it is. I need a decent laptop to run the BE software for datalogging my car. It doesn't have to be the best laptop by any means. As long as I can download this software and it has decent battery life (read: more than an hour) I'll be happy. Not looking for anything fancy. I don't have a ton of money but show me what ya got. I may have some things to trade as well.

-Seth

Laptop Reply . . .

If yer willing to pay for shipping - i have an old Compaq LapTop - probably a 2001 ?? Won't have wireless connectivity to the web so you'd have plug in an ethernet cable for hi-speed -OR- good ol phone line & modem. It'll be like stepping back in time a decade . . . Ohhh, battery is shot so you'd have to leave it plugged in . . . so dead that it just wouldn't make it if you downloaded something in the house & unplugged it to bring it into yer shop. Who Knows, maybe at this price you could find a battery somewhere . . . ?? Anywayyyy, lemme know your thoughts . . .

Rick

Depending on your budget, check out some of the lappies at www.geeks.com .

What kind of connectivity do you need? RS-232C? USB? Wireless?

Also, Geeks may have a 12V PSU for the lappie, which would mean that battery life isn't a big deal.

RwP

Back