ARP head stud install...how to?

phils89sc

I know everyone is getting sick of me asking, but now that I have my head studs , and it may be my ignorance for not looking, but how are these installed? are they tightened down by using a double-nut type system where you put two nuts on the stud, tighten them together and then tighten down the stud into the block. Is there a torque value for the studs to the block? Also, once the studs are in, what is procedure for torquing down the heads? I know the pattern (per Haynes manual), just not sure of the torque values and whether they are stepped or not.

I just want to make darn sure I get this right the first time out, you know?

thanks for all your help and advice.

Clean out holes real good, use Q-tips and cleaner. Use a allen wrench on the studs, hand tight. Some people chase the threads and clean those up.

You will have to search on the torque values, it in here somewhere. I wrote it all down and took it out to the garage when I did mine.

Good luck.

Justin

Pay close attention to the studs that go into the exhaust side of the heads.....

If they stick up too far, they will interfere with the exhaust manifold bolts....:mad:

Also dont forget the moly lube!!!!! if you dont use it you can get inconsistant torque readings.

Doug

Back