Evo 8 Recaros in an SC?

bigpoppa822

I found a set of Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 OEM Recaro seats for extremely cheap. They're black Alcantara with blue tweed center sections, I am seriously considering picking them up and putting them in my SC over the winter (after dyeing the blue grey of course.) My question is, what kind of mounting options do I have for these seats? Can I pick up some Mustang bases/sliders for Recaros and slap them in or would I need something custom? Does anyone make MN-12 aftermarket sliders?

I was thinkin the same thing, just gotta find the seats. I gotta a friend with an EVO8, maybe I'll just borrow his. :D

our seats are big, i dont see why not. just get you some taurus tracks and adapt them to your recaros.

the only issue i forsee is losing the front tilt feature as the evo is a 4 door car.

I would just make some brackets to mount them to the stock tracks.

Not sure I understand, the stock seats are power so I don't think I'd be able to adjust the driver's seat. By all means correct me if I'm wrong I'd love to use the stock tracks.

you could just mount them to the stock tracks, but the motors and such are bloody heavy. migt as well go with non powered taurus tracks. bolt in swap. you would still have forward/back and recline movement.

I'll state for a fact that Mustang seat tracks will not work without a lot of effort. The Recaros I put in my car came with Mustang tracks and we had to cut the hell out of them.

Just found out the seats come with the stock evo tracks, which may or may not be the regular recaro tracks. I'm going to buy them and find out.

What I'm saying is just make a bracket to fit the bolt pattern of the t bird tracks to the bolt pattern of the evo seats. So you still have all your power adjustments, as long as you're not worried about weight. Or maybe luck out and be able to just drill a few holes.

i did something similar with my miata a while back. i scored a cheap set of 93 rx7 buckets with no rails, had to add some flat steel to my stock miata tracks to get it to mount up, but afterwards, it was a nice fit. i still have the seats and plan on attempting to put them in an sc.

Back