PDA

View Full Version : Ahh! SC bumper rant

super red91
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Well recently I picked up a pretty mint sc front bumper with all the tabs unbroken...for only $25. The one on my car has seen better days so I was overdue for a replacement.

I took the bumper to a local body shop that has done a few others things for me on my car. Overall I would say there work is pretty good / good. Well I told him to fill the holes where the front plate had been drilled into the bumper. I go to pick up the bumper today and no more sc, yup why not just fill the sc indent while were at it :mad:

I guess on the bright side I have a newly painted for $125, including the cost of the front bumper itself. It's just sad to have wasted a perfectly good sc bumper...not that I care that much, but I do.

SCme94
09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Wow....What a screwball but, like you said at least you have fresh paint now.

Hock
09-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Speechless!

spetz01
09-08-2010, 10:04 PM
I would have paid extra for that to BE filled in, it looks smooth as hell that way. I'm doing some work on mine this winter and plan on filling in the front "SC" as well as the whole rear bumper lettering.

Hock
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I would have paid extra for that to BE filled in, it looks smooth as hell that way. I'm doing some work on mine this winter and plan on filling in the front "SC" as well as the whole rear bumper lettering.

Stop now! Better to sell that bumper to someone that is looking for that style and then go pull one at a salvage yard to get painted. The back bumpers are kinda a dime a dozen in the SC world so those are really no big deal but the fronts with the "SC" on them are getting harder to find in usable shape.

KMT
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
...the fronts with the "SC" on them are getting harder to find in usable shape.

I hear one in Cleveland just came on the market...might need the l'plate holes filled tho :)

spetz01
09-08-2010, 11:12 PM
These idiots that run this province of Alberta are thinking about making us have front license plates again. We have only had a rear for ages now, but with new technologies making it easier to take your picture and tax the hell out of you for speeding, turning, idling, going to slow, talking on the phone, eating, taking your hands off the 10 and 2 position, merging like a dick or merging properly.

Sorry got a little carried away there. Point is the fancy 'SC" is lost behind the plate anyhow.

Hock
09-08-2010, 11:16 PM
These idiots that run this province of Alberta are thinking about making us have front license plates again. We have only had a rear for ages now, but with new technologies making it easier to take your picture and tax the hell out of you for speeding, turning, idling, going to slow, talking on the phone, eating, taking your hands off the 10 and 2 position, merging like a dick or merging properly.

Sorry got a little carried away there. Point is the fancy 'SC" is lost behind the plate anyhow.

Thats even more reason why you shouldn't destroy it and just replace it with one that doesn't have to "SC" on it.

XR7 Dave
09-08-2010, 11:35 PM

haha, that made my day.

KMT
09-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Yes, Judge, I always run both plates on my car...bolted together - on the rear :)

ThunderDave
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo :rolleyes:

1HUMINBIRD
09-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Well your car is not supercharged any longer so they should be filled in.

shoalcracker
09-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Get a chin spoiler from Charles.

Spring mount the frt plate and let it bounce off the inclines.

Not legal here, but then I have mine in the upper glove box.

Thats probably going to be my to do to get over the border.

super red91
09-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Well your car is not supercharged any longer so they should be filled in.

Haha true, better cover the back one up with duct tape.

1HUMINBIRD
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I have red duct tape and last I knew, we lived close to one another.

super red91
09-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Time to mod...what's funny is I actually think I have some red 3M tape at work. Hmmm, may have to sport a custom rear bumper at the shooout.