PDA

View Full Version : 95 auto tranny ???

anlo
09-11-2010, 12:47 AM
i really want to do the j mod deal just a little intinidated at the process but heck if i can replace a sheared h/b i think i could handle it.just purchased a 95 auto with mileage already on it i have the shudder everyone talks about butwonder if its too late for the mod and just get a fresh rebuild.???whats the most logical thing to do---flush current fluid change filter and see? car was sitting up about 8 months with an occasional cranking.ive stopped leaks at the pan tightened tailshaft bolts which were sort of loose. just dont want to trash the tranny if any service could prolong the life. has about 137000 miles was well taken care of. checked the plugs and they were gapped at.070 crazy..now idles much better but still a little too shaky in drive or reverse at idle. also replaced bad iac so far maybe tps bad too?? any suggestions on all this?// thanks todd
...still trying to sell one of my 90's which needs trans rebuilt runs fine
good motor and sc just no overdrive...1000.00
not too many sc savy folks in ALABAMA so im on my on here thank god for sccoa....

sinhumane
09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
get yourself a trans out of a 99-03 v6 stang and repin the the harness then jmod. much stronger transmission.

anlo
09-11-2010, 09:48 AM
that seems to be the consensus from most ill just change out the fluid and run the wash board till it dies and aquire a later year mustang tranny...