goofy seatbelt and other problem

90turbo1

so my driver side seatbelt doesnt work, its stuck at the back position (thank god) but here is what I dont understand.

when i open the door the interior lights come on, ok thats normal but seat belt does not move. no noise or anything. then when door is closed interior lights go out (normal again) but when I am driving and turn on headlamps the headlamp on warning starts to ding-ding-ding-ding wants to make me shoot myself.

so I am assuming the two are related to the drivers door lock/latch assembly correct? When I dissasembled the door on drivers side I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary in drivers door but on pass side I noticed that the light for the key cylinder is not plugged in and the other black connector next to that light connector (grey to grey and black to grey) are just disconnected and taped back. also the pass door is missing the lower window guide on the rear of pass door (drivers side has a lower guide)

can some one explain the operation of the latch and whats in these doors to me? also what are the little rotary electrical switches attached to the rear of the lock cyl in each door?

Oh another clue here is that I found the connectors for the factory alarm unplugged in the trunk area. so I plugged them in and 60 sec after locking car the alarm started to go off. is this related to the problems in the doors?

thanks again

I have the same problem on my 92sc. Mine is stuck in the back position. The motor powers up, and sounds like it wants to move it forward, but nothing happens. My interior lights come on too like they should when the door is open, and go off when the door is closed. I have to hold the thing that the belt clicks into down, to make the "motor" stop running, and hold it for about 15 seconds before it registers that the "seatbelt" is secure, therefore my seatbelt light doesn't come on, and make the "ding ding ding". But here is the weird part, when the passenger door opens, my seat belt wants to start making the motor run again, like the driver door is open. I had a 90 cougar LS that had the exact same problem. I think it's either a mix of the track the belt rides on comes out align, or breaks.

i cant get into my pubs atm since im gone from home doing army stuff atm. but i seem to remember theres a small switch/sensor thing in the door that controls the signal for the auto seat belts. i had to change them out. hopefully some1 will chime in here with more understandable instructions for you

Back