Fan not coming on

Greg Coleman

On my 94 the fan isnt coming on.I start the car and take a test light to the middle wire and there is power but not to the bottom wire.The top wire is black which I believe is the ground.Now the bottom wire is thicker so I believe that is the power wire for the high apeed fan.The middle wire is smaller so is that the wire for the low speed fan.Now i turn the AC on and neither the front fan or the main fan come on.I think the front pusher fan is for the AC.I put in a new temp sensor on the passenger side of the intake manifold which i think tells the comp to turn on the fan.The little temp sensor on the thermostate housing I think is for the guage.Now all this testing is done with the temps up around the M on NORM.So if Im correct on everything what the heck could be the problem??? Now this car was just tunned and everything was fine until yesterday.Please help!:(

On my 94 the fan isnt coming on.I start the car and take a test light to the middle wire and there is power but not to the bottom wire.The top wire is black which I believe is the ground.Now the bottom wire is thicker so I believe that is the power wire for the high apeed fan.The middle wire is smaller so is that the wire for the low speed fan.Now i turn the AC on and neither the front fan or the main fan come on.I think the front pusher fan is for the AC.I put in a new temp sensor on the passenger side of the intake manifold which i think tells the comp to turn on the fan.The little temp sensor on the thermostate housing I think is for the guage.Now all this testing is done with the temps up around the M on NORM.So if Im correct on everything what the heck could be the problem??? Now this car was just tunned and everything was fine until yesterday.Please help!:(

Datalog. What temp are the fans set to turn on, what temps are the fans at?

However - at least ONE fan should come on with the A/C compressor. I'd check the fusible link for the high speed fan circuit and see if it's blown.

RwP

I'm not even sure what year this one was out of that I put in.It was a spare I've had for ever and I just grabbed it and put it in.Just dont want to see anything else go wrong.

10% Aluminum Pulley (Used, good condition)

I'm looking for a 10% jackshaft pulley or possibly a 10% SC pulley...must be aluminum and in good (or better) condition.

PM me what you have! Looking for a little more power for the shootout. :cool:

I'm looking for a 10% jackshaft pulley or possibly a 10% SC pulley...must be aluminum and in good (or better) condition.

PM me what you have! Looking for a little more power for the shootout. :cool:

I see what you did there...

Justin

Back