Can't clear KOEO DTC's 121 and 214

Steve Duba

I have a stock 1995 SC 5-speed car. The Check Engine light comes on within seconds of starting it and stays on until the engine is stopped. DTC's 121 (Closed throttle voltage higher or lower than expected) and 214 (cylinder identification circuit failure) display during the KOEO test. There are no noticeable driveability problems. I swapped out PCM's with another '95 5-speed car with the same calibration and the Check Engine light went out only to reappear after driving about 80 miles. I finally sent the original PCM out to be rebuilt, but testing indicates there is nothing wrong with it.
I've recently installed a new TPS, IAC, cam position sensor, coil pack, plugs and wires.
Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve Duba

it may

I have a stock 1995 SC 5-speed car. The Check Engine light comes on within seconds of starting it and stays on until the engine is stopped. DTC's 121 (Closed throttle voltage higher or lower than expected) and 214 (cylinder identification circuit failure) display during the KOEO test. There are no noticeable driveability problems. I swapped out PCM's with another '95 5-speed car with the same calibration and the Check Engine light went out only to reappear after driving about 80 miles. I finally sent the original PCM out to be rebuilt, but testing indicates there is nothing wrong with it.
I've recently installed a new TPS, IAC, cam position sensor, coil pack, plugs and wires.
Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve Duba

if you fix the problem.......... then you need to clear the codes from the memory I use a scanner to delete them or unplug the battery for a few hours...... again this is if you have fixed the problem if not it will come back....;)

Silly question, but when you installed the TPS did you set it with a volt meter? If not, this will cause the 121. Don't know about the other though.

Back