PDA

View Full Version : rotor pack upgrade

rapper33142
09-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I was reading about blowers and there rotor packs and I see that ppl r puting GTP rotors in the blower what is the gain form doing this ...

90coug
09-16-2010, 11:50 PM
They say it adds maybe 5hp, but most people don't like them because when spun real fast they tend to flake into your IC and clog it all up. If you don't plan on spinning them very fast you'll prob be alright.

rapper33142
09-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Ok thanks know here is a question if we had new rotor packs made like the ones on the TVS blower can that make our blowers more efficient or is the case the problem . In may imagination I was thinking a MPX with TVS rotor pack would be a good out come if it could be done what do u guys think of that . Or is my imagination to big lol :D

rzimmerl
09-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Your imagination is big, its been discussed before about the TVS packs. The TVS packs are different then the M90 packs. The GTP packs are not an upgrade if you have a good coated Thunderbird rotor pack already.

rapper33142
09-17-2010, 08:52 AM
r u telling me that I have a good set of rotor in my blower or just giving me some good info and I need to fine that thread . I think its just the design of the rotor pack that give the TVS blower efficient and if we can get a set that can fit that would be cool

rzimmerl
09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
The rotor pack in your supercharger was new when it was rebuilt by Magnuson, so yes they are a good set (they are coated). Magnuson replaces the entire rotor pack with new when they do a supercharger rebuild, which is why they are the most expensive to have the service done.

rapper33142
09-17-2010, 09:22 AM
good to know thanks . :D

S_Mazza
09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
r u telling me that I have a good set of rotor in my blower or just giving me some good info and I need to fine that thread . I think its just the design of the rotor pack that give the TVS blower efficient and if we can get a set that can fit that would be cool

The rotor pack twist has to match the spacing of the inlet and outlet ports. So a TVS-type rotor set needs a TVS-type case.