will a 90' sc auto tranny work in a 95' 4.6?

95 4.6

Hi i have a 95' t-bird with a weak tranny and i have a lead on a mostly new tranny in a 90' sc. anyone know if this will just bolt-up? should i even bother? any info would be great, Thanks

If the bolt pattern is the same, and the flexplate/converter meshes up, the length and mount points are the same, then the only other thing in the way would be the electronics that are trying to shift the gears.
The AOD by itself only needs a mechanical linkage for TV lever -> throttle and shift selector to shift lever. Could one just leave the electronics unhooked?

No, it won't work. The bolt pattern isn't the same. The length isn't the same. You can't run an electronically controlled transmission without the electronics. It would be stuck in second gear with no control of line pressure or torque converter lockup. I wonder if I can run the SC engine without electronics...

No, it won't work. The bolt pattern isn't the same. The length isn't the same. You can't run an electronically controlled transmission without the electronics. It would be stuck in second gear with no control of line pressure or torque converter lockup. I wonder if I can run the SC engine without electronics...

I didn't think it would work, Just thought i'd ask, thanks

Back