PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Shootout Advice

Quik95SC
09-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Look, apparently there is some confusion/concern on wether the shootout is worth going or not, or you are worried about breaking down when racing quite a ways from home or having a good enough car to show up. NONE OF THAT MATTERS!! Get there.

Let me tell you from personal experience, it will be one of the best if not the best experiences of my life and it will be for your as well. If you love these SC's as much as you say you do, then you owe it to yourself to come out and see what this club is really all about. Whether you are into just hanging out talking to cars folks in general, trying to pick up on the latest and greatest ideas and concepts for theses SC's, trying your hand at first time drag racing, or even having the occassional adult beverage or 12, it is all there for you to do.

There will be some of the most intellegent Supercoupe guys at this meet you will ever find!

If you are worried about breaking down while racing, don't be. You will be surrounded by the best Super Coupe gear heads in the country and spare parts will not be a problem 99% of the time.

My first shootout I saw transmission being swapped from one SC with a broke differential into another one with a broke input shaft just to get the other guys home and then swapped them back out so the other guy could continue home. if that is not in the truest spirit of this weekend, I don't know what is.

My second shootout it was about getting someones tow vehicle back up and running after a broken HB on the trip down. It just didn't matter, the folks around this event will do damn near anything to help you get back home or make repairs if they are needed.

So if you are still on the fence about coming, now is the time to jump off and get registered, and make a commitment, I can promise you, you won't regret it.

Like Dave D has said previously, this is a family event, always has been and always will be. There a lot of wifes, girlfriend, and significant others that will be there along with the kids also.

Hell my engine is still completely apart in my garage waiting on parts, and I am already registered and paying tonight, cause I know I will do whatever it takes to get the engine rebuilt and installed in time to make it to the shootout. Even if I have to bring the parts with me and trailer the car and build it there, I will try my best either way.

Just some food for thought and my .02!!

Smitty
No engine, still going!

See you all in 2 weeks!

Nettlesd
09-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Well said.

That tow vehicle was the one that was towing my car. People went out of their way to trailer my car, get the broken tow vehicle to the hotel and give advise when it came time to fix the tow vehicle.

You can't beat these guys when it comes to the Shootout. I just wish that everything wasn't so rush rush this past week in getting the Shootout going.

SCrazy
09-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Well said....my fondest memories of this event are of meeting great people and seeing club members helping each other out

Ken Seegers
09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
I can remember going to the first shoot out with Gary Kuhn. We trailered his SC to Chris Lazzo's place. While we were there, we were fixing Chris's car to go down til 2am. The sad part is his car was unable to make it. Also that same shoot out David N was eating roller rockers for one reason or another. Again people were helping him to make to racing part of the shoot out. That was the shoot out that I decided I was going to try and make it to future shoot outs.

I have shown up to the shoot out without my SC. I actually drove 2100+ miles one way to go to a shoot out. I have missed the past couple due to family commitments. I am missing this year's too :(. I have my car ready to go too which makes even more disappointing.

Kurt K
09-17-2010, 01:19 PM
I have my car ready to go too which makes even more disappointing.I don't believe this part.:p:D

Ken Seegers
09-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't believe this part.:p:D

Believe it! I know of a couple teal SC's that are down for the season :D

Ira R.
09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Believe it! I know of a couple teal SC's that are down for the season :D

Ken if it weren't for you I don't know that we would ever see a teal car at the Shoot Out. ;)

Ira

XR7 Dave
09-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Ken if it weren't for you I don't know that we would ever see a teal car at the Shoot Out. ;)

Ira

I'm not sure what Ken has to do with Teal SC's - maybe if he harasses them enough one will show up?

Ira R.
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm not sure what Ken has to do with Teal SC's - maybe if he harasses them enough one will show up?

Pretty much exactly what I had in mind :p lol

Ira