PDA

View Full Version : saterday out maybe

slowpoke
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
by any chance is anyone going to the drag strip on/near boydton plank rd tomorrow. they are slicks only tomorrow and i have no slicks with me. i will even pay someone to use theirs for just a few passes.

nickleman60
09-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I guess your talking about VMP and I know I'm not going. I have slicks but they're on Mustang rims.

slowpoke
09-18-2010, 12:39 PM
np. im in newport news atm. is there any place around here i can get some slicks. i tried 2 stores so far and they looked at me with the deer into headlights look.

Roadhawg
09-18-2010, 01:00 PM
I just order mine through Summit, they show up on the door step a few days latter.

nickleman60
09-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Like Todd said, order some and they'll be there in 2-3 days. Whenever you're going to be on my side of the water (Va. Beach) let me know, I'd like to check out your SC.

slowpoke
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
i might be over that way this coming weekend. i got an army budy here thats never seen navy aircraft up close. so long as we dont have duty i intend to bring him out to oceana for a tour. that was my last duty station when i was in the navy so i somewhat know my way around there.

nickleman60
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
i might be over that way this coming weekend. i got an army budy here thats never seen navy aircraft up close. so long as we dont have duty i intend to bring him out to oceana for a tour. that was my last duty station when i was in the navy so i somewhat know my way around there.

I'll be at the Shootout in Ohio.

slowpoke
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
doh, you had to remind me. im butt hurt atm that im stuck here so i cant go :(

Roadhawg
09-26-2010, 07:15 PM
doh, you had to remind me. im butt hurt atm that im stuck here so i cant go :(

Put in for leave for Friday - Monday or try for the 96. LOL
I'm sure there is a spot for you to ride along with someone.

slowpoke
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
well normally your correct, that would be the way to do it. but here im in a training environment. the only way they give leave here is if the American red cross calls. maybe i can tell them ill have brain failure if i dont attend the shootout. therefore they must let me go lol