PDA

View Full Version : Who's cramming repairs/upgrades for the Shootout?

DrFishbone
09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Well, last year I was cramming all kinds of work into the days before the shootout...this year, as of right now, I have the interior laying all over the garage to swap a nicer dash in and do some tidy-up work on wiring that I've put off for a few years. Also, my wife demanded having a stereo installed this time. :rolleyes: Anyway, I should actually be there before 3am Sat morning this time.

How are your guys/gals cars looking RIGHT NOW? :D:eek::confused:

BLOWN38
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Mine's a mess!

1MTNCAT
09-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Mine's a mess!

Give me a shout if you need me to come down and help you get her ready!!

:eek:

kenewagner
09-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Just finished building a new car trailer, built a new drive shaft loup and painted it. Need to install it later today or tomorrow. Got the parts in to do the battery disconnect since the battery is in the trunk. Change oil and filter, my seats are sitting next to the car instead of in the car. Its dirty and needs to be cleaned up. I still have another IC to build if I want to take one to the shootout to sell. Always seems to be this way

Ken

CMac89
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
This is a brash understatement.

David Neibert
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Not really cramming, but after going to the track last night and running a dissapointing 12.2XX @ 113, then an embarrasing 20.xxx @ 113, followed by an okay 11.9xx @ 117.....It's clear that I've still got some issues with the car.

Starting to think it doesn't want to be raced.

David

Nettlesd
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm still looking for my underwear.

kenewagner
09-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Not really cramming, but after going to the track last night and running a dissapointing 12.2XX @ 113, then an embarrasing 20.xxx @ 113, followed by an okay 11.9xx @ 117.....It's clear that I've still got some issues with the car.

Starting to think it doesn't want to be raced.

David

What kind of isues? Tire spin all the way down the track:D Missing, stumbling? You might have to move to down to Mod3:rolleyes:

Ken

Kurt K
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Who isn't?

nickleman60
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I just need to wash,wax and detail. Other than that I'm locked,loaded and ready to go big dog huntin'..................:D

rzimmerl
09-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Finished up my last minute mod installs last night, rebuilt the trac lock with carbon fiber clutches, installed shortened Mark 8 driveshaft, and installed a driveshaft loop. The tune and QH are getting installed and dialed in on Friday.;) Just needs a bath and the interior cleaned for the shootout.

Ira R.
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Well the CAI and top is off the engine while I wait for the welding to be done on the intake and I want to see if I can get the LC-1 working again. Need to change the oil and filters too but that's not so bad considering I still have until Sat to get everything finished.

Ira

XR7 Dave
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
My hopes for a decent exhaust system for the DD kind of vaporized this week so I'm going to be running "as is". Hopefully everything stays together. I might wash the car, but I doubt it.

Now as to what I'm doing to try to get others to the Shootout, that's a different story! :eek: I called in some rather extreme favors this week. Hopefully it all works out!

David Neibert
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
What kind of isues? Tire spin all the way down the track:D Missing, stumbling? You might have to move to down to Mod3:rolleyes:

Ken

It's either too rich or too lean coming off the starting line and feels like a pooch until after 4800 rpms. Normally it pulls high 1.6 or low 1.7 60fts. It was 1-2 tenths off the pace last night. The 20.xxx pass was because it nearly stalled coming off the line and I couldn't get it going until I put it in netural and reved it a few times...resulting in a 9.6 60 ft :o I stopped the car on the return road and did a simulated launch and it blew the tires off like I was sitting in the water box, so I don't know. A couple people at the track said it sounded like it was loading up. I might just need to rev the motor a couple times after doing the burnout.

Hope to get it sorted out prior to race day at the Shootout.

David

PS: It's no longer misfiring, so we are making some progress.

Roadhawg
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I will be installing Snow on my wife's Tbird............

BLOWN38
09-22-2010, 02:12 PM
David, yeah throw it in neutral and rev it/ clear it out after your burnout, give that a try. Thats what I've been doing.

Quik95SC
09-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Well lets see about this...........:rolleyes:

I need to gap all the rings tonight.

Rotating assembly goes to engine shop tomorrow for balancing & final bearing clearance, luckily they will give me a same day turn around. ;)

Rebuild engine on Friday/Saturday. :eek:

Install engine into car on Saturday/Sunday.

Make sure everything is working OK during the week. Hopefully put about 200 miles on it.

Change the breakin oil and filter

Load it on trailer and come to the shootout!! :D

That about sums it up. Sounds like fun and with no help none-the-less, just my wife and I !!

See you all soon!!

Ira R.
09-22-2010, 02:34 PM

Your daughter is gonna love that!! :D

Ira

XR7 Dave
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
It's either too rich or too lean coming off the starting line and feels like a pooch until after 4800 rpms. Normally it pulls high 1.6 or low 1.7 60fts. It was 1-2 tenths off the pace last night. The 20.xxx pass was because it nearly stalled coming off the line and I couldn't get it going until I put it in netural and reved it a few times...resulting in a 9.6 60 ft :o I stopped the car on the return road and did a simulated launch and it blew the tires off like I was sitting in the water box, so I don't know. A couple people at the track said it sounded like it was loading up. I might just need to rev the motor a couple times after doing the burnout.

Hope to get it sorted out prior to race day at the Shootout.

David

PS: It's no longer misfiring, so we are making some progress.

David, the Snow system will do that to you. I guess I never really thought about it with respect to racing, but you definitely need to clean out the motor after you engage the Snow system. I have that happen all the time on the dyno but I didn't think about how it would affect you at the track. Any time you spray alcohol and then immediately close the throttle it's going to load up on you.

So how did Kurt run?? :eek:

rzimmerl
09-22-2010, 03:19 PM
David, the Snow system will do that to you. I guess I never really thought about it with respect to racing, but you definitely need to clean out the motor after you engage the Snow system. I have that happen all the time on the dyno but I didn't think about how it would affect you at the track. Any time you spray alcohol and then immediately close the throttle it's going to load up on you.

What if you deactivated the snow system for the burnout, then reactivated it for the run, via an in car switch? Is the amount of fuel removed for an alky tune safe enough too run for a burnout with the system deactivated?

Kurt K
09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Slower than the last 2 times to the track:o But I will admit that the weather was worse than any previous visit.

That said, if the weather in Dayton is anything like the weather last night I won't even have to throw any weight in the trunk to stay safely in Mod 3:(

Edit: Before you ask, I didn't datalog any runs even though I did bring my computer. I'm still nervous that I might screw up my tune somehow. I'll save datalogging for Dayton when there will be plenty of help around if there is a problem.

David Neibert
09-22-2010, 03:41 PM

Yeah...Kevin told me I should be revving the motor a few times between the burnout and staging a few years ago, but it didn't really make much differince at the time, so I quit doing it.

David

Roadhawg
09-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Your daughter is gonna love that!! :D

Ira

I hope so, I know she is looking forward running the 1/4 mile with cooler air.

nickleman60
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM

In the Superstang.................:eek::eek::eek:

David Neibert
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Well lets see about this...........:rolleyes:

I need to gap all the rings tonight.

Rotating assembly goes to engine shop tomorrow for balancing & final bearing clearance, luckily they will give me a same day turn around. ;)

Rebuild engine on Thursday/Friday. :eek:

Install engine into car on Saturday

Make sure everything is working OK during the week. Hopefully put about 200 miles on it.

Change the breakin oil and filter

Load it on trailer and come to the shootout!! :D

That about sums it up. Sounds like fun and with no help none-the-less, just my wife and I !!

See you all soon!!

Smitty,

No one can say you aren't a Hard Core SC guy. This is the kind of can-do aditude I love to see.

David

Roadhawg
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Or in the Superstang.................:eek::eek::eek:

That could be possible, she has made three 1/8 mile passes in the Mustang.

1MTNCAT
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM

Not as much as I am looking forward to seeing her run it with the mods and in better conditions! Be sure & tell her I'll be nearby if she needs help. The Mid-Atlantic DRT master will be there for all you MAMN12 boys/girls. :)

frdlvr30
09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
...resulting in a 9.6 60 ft :o

I got a chuckle out of that one...I must admit....

Roadhawg
09-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Not as much as I am looking forward to seeing her run it with the mods and in better conditions! Be sure & tell her I'll be nearby if she needs help. The Mid-Atlantic DRT master will be there for all you MAMN12 boys/girls. :)

Hot darn ..... did I hear that right, you are going to be at the shootout?

1MTNCAT
09-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Hot darn ..... did I hear that right, you are going to be at the shootout?

Without car unfortunately. I can spend my time helping out! Besides, I really don't want to miss this! ;)

Ira R.
09-23-2010, 09:22 AM
On the road again.... just can't wait to get on the road again.....

Yes boys and girls the welding is done and the rtv is curing as we speak. Road test tonight, get it inspected tomorrow and pack it on Saturday.

Once again another great job by Miller, diving in right before the Shoot Out to help me get it there.

See everyone in OH - in the rearview of course ;) :D

Ira

neverfastenough
09-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Drove to Zimmerly's last night for a 3.27 rear end that needs to be installed, and somehow on the way I lost most of the paint on the right front of my bumper. So its getting rattle canned before the shootout also:mad:

super red91
09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Drove to Zimmerly's last night fior a 3.27 rear end that needs to be installed, and somehow on the way I lost most of the paint on the right front of my bumper. So its getting rattle canned before the shootout also:mad:

Thats what you get for doing highway pulls with your turbo supra sc :p

neverfastenough
09-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Thats what you get for doing highway pulls with your turbo supra sc :p

That actually is the reason for it, it was fine when I got on the highway and I made no stops on the way there. It had some small cracking starting from the poor body work it had in the past. Guess the wind caught it.

ricardoa1
09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Anyone want to help me install a new clutch in my car? :( :mad:

kenewagner
09-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Anyone want to help me install a new clutch in my car? :( :mad:

Just drive it over to my shop here in Omaha and we will get right on it:D:D

Ken

ricardoa1
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the offer. :D

Roadhawg
09-23-2010, 12:00 PM

I will be doing the install this weekend. The Meth Dyno tune is setup for Tuesday morning.
Thanks to DD for the sending out that bulkhead connector so fast!

nickleman60
09-23-2010, 12:12 PM
I will be doing the install this weekend. The Meth Dyno tune is setup for Tuesday morning.
Thanks to DD for the sending out that bulkhead connector so fast!

What time, I might show up..............:D

Roadhawg
09-23-2010, 12:21 PM
What time, I might show up..............:D

It will be around 9:00am........

rzimmerl
09-23-2010, 01:01 PM
That actually is the reason for it, it was fine when I got on the highway and I made no stops on the way there. It had some small cracking starting from the poor body work it had in the past. Guess the wind caught it.

I offered the can of spray paint to make it look better for the ride back. Hopefully gears are what that thing needs to get out of the hole, cause it definately does not need any help on the top end when the turbo spools up:D

mywhite89
09-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I pretty much have mine done. Just finished the cobra rear brake conversion, Lincoln mark VIII front brake conversion, koni adjustable struts/shocks, steering rack, and lower control arms on the car. I still gotta replace spark plugs and try for the 4th time to cure the thermostat housing leak that showed its ugly head again.

Gotta do at least spark plugs and maybe a slight left side exhaust manifold leak on the ladies car. Depends opn where the exhaust leak is if I will dig into that.

XxSlowpokexX
09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I just dont have the time to pull it together. Ive tried when I can but I cant drive this thing as is to the event..And for me if Im going to go..The car is comming with me...ehh phoey

IkeyM
09-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Mine has been sitting in the garage with a cover over it for 2 years ;)

BLOWN38
09-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Mines all back together. Just need to get it off the jack stands tomorrow.

David Neibert
09-24-2010, 02:31 PM
All I need to do before next weekend is change the plugs and the motor oil. Things were slow at work, so I paid the company to repaint my trailer. Now it looks too nice to put my car on ;)

Looking forward to seeing all you guys.

David

kenewagner
09-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Things were slow at work, so I paid the company to repaint my trailer. Now it looks too nice to put my car on ;)

David

Post a picture of it. I just finished a new trailer for my car. I plan to put the car on it tomorrow and take a picture of it.

Ken

David Neibert
09-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Post a picture of it. I just finished a new trailer for my car. I plan to put the car on it tomorrow and take a picture of it.

Ken

I would, but I don't have a camera here.

David

kenewagner
09-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Things were slow at work, so I paid the company to repaint my trailer. Now it looks too nice to put my car on ;)

David

Double post

Ira R.
09-24-2010, 04:27 PM
On the road again.... just can't wait to get on the road again.....

Yes boys and girls the welding is done and the rtv is curing as we speak. Road test tonight, get it inspected tomorrow and pack it on Saturday.

Once again another great job by Miller, diving in right before the Shoot Out to help me get it there.

See everyone in OH - in the rearview of course ;) :D

Ira

Okay, passed inspection, changed the oil, new wipers :p

Damn LC-1 still won't work but I'm bringing a backup with me so smarter minds then mine can look at it. Now the negotiations begin for the laptop.

Ira

DrFishbone
09-24-2010, 07:20 PM
My car needed a driveshaft loop...done. But, I figured since I had the carpet up anyway, might as well trade the old dash for a better one. While I have the dash out, might as well rewire/finish wiring all the added-on gadgets, change the heater core, etc... :D:rolleyes:

Mike8675309
09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
My car needed a driveshaft loop...done. But, I figured since I had the carpet up anyway, might as well trade the old dash for a better one. While I have the dash out, might as well rewire/finish wiring all the added-on gadgets, change the heater core, etc... :D:rolleyes:

Good time to make sure the pivot on the clutch pedal is in good shape as well. New bushings perhaps. Maybe even upgrade/update the throttle cable.

ganuolfthegrey
09-24-2010, 11:08 PM
im cocked locked and ready to rock.:D

XR7 Dave
09-24-2010, 11:50 PM
As of tonight I officially have 20psi on tap and no belt slip. :cool: I'll have the lowest HP to boost ratio of anyone at the Shootout, guaranteed. Do they give an award for that? :rolleyes:

ganuolfthegrey
09-25-2010, 12:50 AM
well i ain't skerred dave. bring it pops lol:D

shoalcracker
09-25-2010, 08:54 AM
DD

Not sure how that works.

Did you swap out a 2.3 for fuel economy?

Paul

Miller
09-25-2010, 09:14 AM
As of tonight I officially have 20psi on tap and no belt slip. :cool: I'll have the lowest HP to boost ratio of anyone at the Shootout, guaranteed. Do they give an award for that? :rolleyes:

I guarentee you thats only because I am not coming! Im at 21psi and you know i dont back that up;)

rzimmerl
09-25-2010, 09:24 AM

First time I ever saw 20psi with no overdrive:eek:, but hey it works........adding -8 fuel line feed and hard wired fuel pump to my list due to massive loss of fuel pressure:(.....

XR7 Dave
09-25-2010, 10:30 AM
First time I ever saw 20psi with no overdrive:eek:,

Think I might have an exhaust restriction? :eek: If it's any consolation, the car feels at least 20-30rwhp faster than the dyno suggests.... lol I might break into the 14's. :D

David Neibert
09-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Think I might have an exhaust restriction? :eek: If it's any consolation, the car feels at least 20-30rwhp faster than the dyno suggests.... lol I might break into the 14's. :D

Happy to see you are taking some time to work on your own car.

David

rzimmerl
09-25-2010, 10:36 AM

mmmmmmm......possibly, I think that dyno was being stingy on the numbers.

XR7 Dave
09-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Happy to see you are taking some time to work on your own car.

David

haha, not too much though. Wait until you see the duct tape work on the intake. Thank goodness for Micah's 50lb injectors though.

David Neibert
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Plugs changed, oil & filter changed, race tires changed back to street tires, computer reinstalled (first time in two years) and I even vacuumed the inside and cleaned the windows. Only thing left to do is wash it.

David

1MTNCAT
09-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Washed, Locked and Loaded!!!! :eek:

nickleman60
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm all washed/waxed, armor all'd & vacuumed, all I need to do now is pick up some race gas.

All the cleaning is for nothing if I have to ride through a rain storm like last year............:rolleyes:

XR7 Dave
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Steve, I didn't realize you were bringing the car. :eek:

1MTNCAT
09-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Steve, I didn't realize you were bringing the car. :eek:

;) I'm not, just wishful thinking!!! Its washed, locked and loaded in the garage right now LOL! Just trying to get everyone stirred and excited for a fun upcoming weekend.

Its not ready yet, no worries!!! ;)

BLOWN38
09-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Mine might be coming back apart.:eek: But it is all cleaned up, need to throw some wax on it and clean the interior a little bit. Wash the truck after the rain moves thru and get the oil changed.

Wanna come help, Steve?:)

1MTNCAT
09-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Mine might be coming back apart.:eek: But it is all cleaned up, need to throw some wax on it and clean the interior a little bit. Wash the truck after the rain moves thru and get the oil changed.

Wanna come help, Steve?:)

I can't now. Got a change in plans for this week. I have previous plans for tonite and my mom has to go in for a surgery on Thursday morning early. Need to help them get some things done at the house Wednesday and be at the hospital all day Thursday likely. Hoping all is fine afterwards so I can get some shut eye thursday evening for a couple hours then meet up with you Friday morning early for the trip out.

neverfastenough
09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Going to measure some run out on this driveshaft and rear end tonight. See if I can find my vibration and cure it. Nothing is stopping me from beating up on some superchargers this year.

Corey

BLOWN38
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I can't now. Got a change in plans for this week. I have previous plans for tonite and my mom has to go in for a surgery on Thursday morning early. Need to help them get some things done at the house Wednesday and be at the hospital all day Thursday likely. Hoping all is fine afterwards so I can get some shut eye thursday evening for a couple hours then meet up with you Friday morning early for the trip out.

Oh well, it'll be done tonight or basically done tonite. It was pretty easy.:cool: Hope all goes well with your mom.

Dirtyd0g
09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Project 1...markVIII needs diff and transmission rebuilt/modified. On the lift now ETA wednesday night assembly.
Project 2..white 97lx just picked up haven't even gotten it off the trailer yet. Gonna be tough it really needs some work. I'll see what happens.
Alan

BLOWN38
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
All done. Just need to put the street tires on and drop it on the ground and check the fluids.:cool: Then quick and slick it so the rubber don't stick to the bumper and wipe the interior down.

frdlvr30
09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
All done. Just need to put the street tires on and drop it on the ground and check the fluids.:cool: Then quick and slick it so the rubber don't stick to the bumper and wipe the interior down.

Did you put the 4.10's back in it? And what else?

kenewagner
09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Finished the driveshaft loup, the battery disconnect, painted my helmet(didnt like the color) changed the oil, put the skinny tires on the rims for the front. A few more things today and its time to start loading

Ken

1MTNCAT
09-28-2010, 08:30 AM

Glad you got it done Chris. Sorry I couldn't come help out this time. Interested to see the results. Looks like the weather will be good on Sunday.

DrFishbone
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Finished the driveshaft loup, the battery disconnect, painted my helmet(didnt like the color) changed the oil, put the skinny tires on the rims for the front. A few more things today and its time to start loading

Ken

Don't forget, you also fixed your window motors in there too! ;)

My dash is coming together...I'll finally get to show-off my switch panel! :p

Just gotta play with tuning a little bit beforehand...need to at least THINK that I know something before I get on the dyno. :o

neverfastenough
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Who wants to help me swap a driveshaft in the hotel parking lot?

Micahdogg
09-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm in! But I won't get there till evening.

rzimmerl
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm sure I'll lend a hand........ if I'm still not working on my junk yet:rolleyes:

kenewagner
09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
While getting everything ready I decided to weigh the front skinnies vs the heavy mag wheels with Nittos on them. Weight of the mag wheel was 54 lbs:eek: Weight of the skinneys was 23 lbs:eek: times 2 thats a 62 lb savings:eek: Did I say wow

Ken

neverfastenough
09-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Kurt, will you be bringing your lift to the shootout?:p

CMac89
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Dude, there will be plenty of people there to give you hand with your shaft.

Kurt K
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Kurt, will you be bringing your lift to the shootout?:pUmm NO! It's bolted to the floor and won't fit out of the garage without some disassembly. Otherwise I'd bring it for sure :rolleyes:

Kurt K
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
While getting everything ready I decided to weigh the front skinnies vs the heavy mag wheels with Nittos on them. Weight of the mag wheel was 54 lbs:eek: Weight of the skinneys was 23 lbs:eek: times 2 thats a 62 lb savings:eek: Did I say wow

KenMy front 19's weigh 64 lbs each :eek: I'm saving about 36 lbs/wheel running the skinnies :cool:

kenewagner
09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
My front 19's weigh 64 lbs each :eek: I'm saving about 36 lbs/wheel running the skinnies :cool:

Amazing to me. Lots of diffrence in looking cool and running fast:D

Ken

old_coot
09-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Kurt, will you be bringing your lift to the shootout?:p

Corey,
the center of my trailer is open so we can put it on the trailer and have a couple feet between the ground and the car...not quite a lift but better than jack stands........I think we have a driveshaft we can bring with us....do we need to bring another 3.27 pumpkin too????/..........Dan

XR7Kurt
09-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I wasn't going to be cramming until I thought it would be a good idea to get my driveshaft balanced while I was putting the 3.55 pumpkin in. I got it to the shop last wednesday and it's not back yet. I may have to throw in the driveshaft I pulled from a 5-spd. XR7 at the pull-a-part just to get there and hope it's good.:mad:

Micahdogg
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah well, my front wheels are about 46lbs each. Take that!

DrFishbone
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM

I could probably lend a hand too. I might need help taking mine out on Sunday, afterall. :rolleyes:

neverfastenough
09-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Im going to replace both U joints tonight. If that doesnt fix the issue, its getting another driveshaft. AFAIK the diff is ok, it tested fine at the flange for runout. The DS failed miserably, but It could be the U joints. Dan, Ill keep you posted.

Corey

XR7Kurt
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Ok, now I'm down to one chance it looks like. The shop that I took my drive shaft to basically said call and check on Thursday! So that leaves me with the junkyard drive shaft but it needs the rear flange and the only ones I have to put on it are from a 93 Mark VIII or from an SC with an AOD. The Mark VIII ds is not on a car so I really would like to use the flange from that.
Will either of these work?:confused:

ganuolfthegrey
09-28-2010, 08:55 PM
i just have to pack get ready to rumble in the jungle.:D:D

BLOWN38
09-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Ok, now I'm down to one chance it looks like. The shop that I took my drive shaft to basically said call and check on Thursday! So that leaves me with the junkyard drive shaft but it needs the rear flange and the only ones I have to put on it are from a 93 Mark VIII or from an SC with an AOD. The Mark VIII ds is not on a car so I really would like to use the flange from that.
Will either of these work?:confused:

Either should work, Kurt.

KYSal
09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Who isn't?

AMEN!!
Heck I am not even racing and I am cramming...batteries, memory cards, camcorder, SLR... Ok well maybe not quite the same.

Can't wait to see everyone. All you MOD2 peeps, you have yet another chance to win this year, but next year....it's ON!!!!

KYSal
09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Im going to replace both U joints tonight. If that doesnt fix the issue, its getting another driveshaft. AFAIK the diff is ok, it tested fine at the flange for runout. The DS failed miserably, but It could be the U joints. Dan, Ill keep you posted.

Corey

Thought you were gonna text the hubby today? What happen to ya? Hoping you got it worked out.

KYSal
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM

I voluneer Anthony and Dan!!! ;)

Ira R.
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I voluneer Anthony and Dan!!! ;)

Don't be sending everyone off there darling. Save someone for me. I need a body that takes up...uhmm..... less space then mine to help me pull the LC-1 connections and test a new one. :o

Ira

KYSal
09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Don't be sending everyone off there darling. Save someone for me. I need a body that takes up...uhmm..... less space then mine to help me pull the LC-1 connections and test a new one. :o

Ira

Ira, I would never leave you high & dry....I can volunteer them ALL DAY LONG!! You just say when and what you need done.

Think they'll see this? :eek:

Ira R.
09-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Ira, I would never leave you high & dry....I can volunteer them ALL DAY LONG!! You just say when and what you need done.

Think they'll see this? :eek:

Only as many times as you want them too ;)

Ira

oppie
09-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Where is the showdown

BLOWN38
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Where is the showdown
Xenia, OH..........

www.sc-shootout.com

DrFishbone
09-29-2010, 12:00 AM

Ira

I'd be glad to help, Ira...it's all still fresh in my mind. ;) Sounds a little less involved than a parking lot driveshaft replacement!

XR7Kurt
09-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Either should work, Kurt.

Thanks, I found a guy that thinks he can balance it today.

rzimmerl
09-29-2010, 07:44 AM
AMEN!!
Heck I am not even racing and I am cramming...batteries, memory cards, camcorder, SLR... Ok well maybe not quite the same.

Can't wait to see everyone. All you MOD2 peeps, you have yet another chance to win this year, but next year....it's ON!!!!

Our favorite photographer is going to be taking some awesome shots as always I see. Too bad you guys weren't able to get your car going again this year.

neverfastenough
09-29-2010, 10:12 AM
You wimps, whats so hard about a driveshaft. Had that ~~~~ out last night in no time at all.:p. With a couple tweaks, it will be good enough to go down the track. Big thanks to DD tho for lending out a work area and some tools, and staying up way past his bed time.

Sal, I have absolutely no service at work, so I couldnt text.

And Ira, im a skinny white kid, so if you need a hand in a tight spot, im sure Ill be standing around drunk somewhere:p

KYSal
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Our favorite photographer is going to be taking some awesome shots as always I see. Too bad you guys weren't able to get your car going again this year.

Wail til you see the book I did from last years pics. :)

DrFishbone
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Wail til you see the book I did from last years pics. :)

Book?! :) Will it be at the Shootout for viewing?

KYSal
09-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Book?! :) Will it be at the Shootout for viewing?

Well yes Sir, might even be up for Auction! ;)

Ira R.
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I'd be glad to help, Ira...it's all still fresh in my mind. ;) Sounds a little less involved than a parking lot driveshaft replacement!

Thanks Matt. I have the replacement parts I just can't reach in far enough to get them in. Appreciate it.

Ira

DrFishbone
09-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks Matt. I have the replacement parts I just can't reach in far enough to get them in. Appreciate it.

Ira

When you wanna do it? Friday?

Ira R.
09-29-2010, 09:03 PM
When you wanna do it? Friday?

I figure it will be easier to do this in the daylight, so at the dyno on Friday will probably be best. I'm sure we'll all be hanging around there anyway. Of course I'm also hoping it's nothing more the a bad sensor so maybe we'll get lucky.

Ira

ScrapSC
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Sal got a nice new camera and new 250mm zoom lense!:D Should be some sweet shots this time around... Oh, and the book came in yesterday! Looks SWEET!:)

XR7Kurt
09-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I have a drive shaft now. I was actually able to get one of my Mark VIII aluminum ones cut down so this may be somewhat of a blessing in disguise after all, assuming the guy knew what he was doing. We'll see tomorrow when I hopefully get it all back together.

Kurt K
09-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Ugh! I think I finally got the LC-1 installed, but couldn't get it calibrated or tested yet because my battery had drained while working on it. Anyway, I'll finish up tomorrow and hope all of my soldering was good. I'll get an early start tomorrow to wash the car, test and calibrate the LC-1 and then head out on a little cruise. Then pick up the trailer and get it loaded. I'll have the wife and kids loaded early Friday morning and be on our way.

DrFishbone
09-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I figure it will be easier to do this in the daylight, so at the dyno on Friday will probably be best. I'm sure we'll all be hanging around there anyway. Of course I'm also hoping it's nothing more the a bad sensor so maybe we'll get lucky.

Ira

Good deal. :cool:

Cobrarthunder
10-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Put me down for one freeze plug at 10:15 tonight. Doing a few "Shake Down passes" on the local back road. Coolant+cheeter slicks=lots of tire spin. Lots of white knuckle steering got me stopped...never found the freeze plug.

Really, WTH a freeze plug. who pops a freeeze plug at 6500 RPM and 70mph. Grrrr

Kurt K
10-01-2010, 01:22 AM
The car is packed, the Expedition is almost packed and I'm heading to bed to get up in 4.5 hours. Then load the car onto the trailer and finish packing the Expedition; then load the kids and meet the Neiberts for breakfast at 7:00AM. Did have time to troubleshoot my non-functioning O-meter, but I think the wideband is working (or at least the LED indicated the correct warm-up and calibration sequence). Hopefully, I will be able to datalog when I get to the track.

XR7 Dave
10-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Put me down for one freeze plug at 10:15 tonight. Doing a few "Shake Down passes" on the local back road. Coolant+cheeter slicks=lots of tire spin. Lots of white knuckle steering got me stopped...never found the freeze plug.

Really, WTH a freeze plug. who pops a freeeze plug at 6500 RPM and 70mph. Grrrr

BTDT. Hell of a smoke show. :D

Well Cory is off chasing down a rear spindle to replace his blasted wheel bearings. Boy's doin work. I'm still up to my neck in the usual. :rolleyes:

neverfastenough
10-01-2010, 02:24 AM
It lives as of 2:00AM:eek:

DrFishbone
10-01-2010, 03:26 AM
3am... I'm turning in

Mit trY to wax it in the mornig....still need t pack....too tird.....

adsf 'ewjid

XR7 Dave
10-01-2010, 03:27 AM
3am... I'm turning in

Wimp.

Cory, I'm getting the hang of this 3am crap. I'm feeling younger every day. :cool:

DrFishbone
10-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Wimp.

Cory, I'm getting the hang of this 3am crap. I'm feeling younger every day. :cool:

:p

Seeya tomorrow Dave...or later today. :rolleyes: You going to be at the dyno in the morning/afternoon?

neverfastenough
10-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Wimp.

The way we've been wrenching, we have to be the two youngest guys on the forum then.

CMac89
10-01-2010, 09:14 AM
I don't even know what it's like to go to bed before 2am.