SVO supercharger take 2

Roadhawg

When I get back from the Shootout, I have my work cut out for me. This will be my 2nd SVO supercharger install. It will be going on a 96 Mustang Gt, which has PI heads. The supercharger was already modded to fit on PI heads, also an IAT was added and it has the rear coolant passages. I removed the front coolant tube, then I threaded the hole and capped it. I also port matched the inlet for a 75mm throttlebody.

Attachments

• SVO1.jpg
    SVO1.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 2,697
  • SVO2.jpg
    SVO2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,331
  • SVO3.jpg
    SVO3.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • SVO4.jpg
    SVO4.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,530
When I get back from the Shootout, I have my work cut out for me. This will be my 2nd SVO supercharger install. It will be going on a 96 Mustang Gt, which has PI heads. The supercharger was already modded to fit on PI heads, also an IAT was added and it has the rear coolant passages. I removed the front coolant tube, then I threaded the hole and capped it. I also port matched the inlet for a 75mm throttlebody.

Whats that go for now adays? Should be a pretty easy swap? Just gotta relocate the Alt right?

Whats that go for now adays? Should be a pretty easy swap? Just gotta relocate the Alt right?

Relocate Alt, add a extra idler pulley and a computer tune.
Also the IAT needs to be relocated to the discharge side of the SC (which was not part of the original SVO setup).

This install is getting some extra upgrades, 42lb injectors, 90mm Lmaf and stage 2 snow.

Relocate Alt, add a extra idler pulley and a computer tune.
Also the IAT needs to be relocated to the discharge side of the SC (which was not part of the original SVO setup).

This install is getting some extra upgrades, 42lb injectors, 90mm Lmaf and stage 2 snow.

How many PSi? What you think? 450rwhp with the snow and the timing turned up?

sorry if im hijacking but where do ya'll keep finding the SVO's?! i looked on FRPP and cant seem to find the 96-01 on there!! also how much did ya fork out for it?

sorry if im hijacking but where do ya'll keep finding the SVO's?! i looked on FRPP and cant seem to find the 96-01 on there!! also how much did ya fork out for it?

The SVO supercharger is no longer available through FRPP. I found the first SVO supercharger locally. The second one was found on the TCCOA for sale forums. What the supercharger sells for, depends on what the previous owner includes in the package. I would say the going price is $1500 - $2200.

The SVO supercharger is no longer available through FRPP. I found the first SVO supercharger locally. The second one was found on the TCCOA for sale forums. What the supercharger sells for, depends on what the previous owner includes in the package. I would say the going price is $1500 - $2200.

Wow, thats not bad at all....

Almost done with the SVO supercharger on my brother's 1996 Mustang Gt.

Attachments

• SVOMustang.jpg
    SVOMustang.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 3,321
Looks good, now hit the dyno/track and give us some numbers...........;)

The Dyno tune is scheduled for this Thursday at 9am.
Then I will be taking my brother's Mustang to Hertford dragstrip Friday night. I need to make it back to the Norfolk airport by 11:15pm, so I can return his car to him. :eek:

And I have decided....come hell or highwater....Dave is getting a 2011/12 Shelby...Have you read about the new Plasma Transfered Wire Arc?

Back