Recent set back, Clutch Centerforce II

ricardoa1

Centerforce II for 94-95 11.5"

Well I got to pull out the clutch tonight. Seems like All was well till the time of failure. Sudden and lethal. No damage to the flywheel and the Pressure plate. It was all jammed up and thank goodness cause it did not cause further damage. Specially my $400 spec flywheel.

So being that the PP is in good shape and I am tempted to stop by the store and buy a disc. and returning and getting back the $330 for a Dual friction, the dual friction will be here on Monday putting alot of pressure on my schedule due to work and constant waking up to feed the little one. Do you consider me stupid for even considering this.

Clutch has been great good for 10 years of service the disc was replaced in 2006 just cause I felt like it not cause it needed it.

Do you consider the failure a power issue or a wear and tear failure?

SANY0704.jpg

SANY0703.jpg

SANY0699.jpg

SANY0697.jpg

SANY0696.jpg

SANY0702.jpg

SANY0700.jpg

If you still want to race at the Shootout I think you'll need to just replace the disc and go because a whole new clutch with new steel surfaces is going to slip (ask Ira how that goes). Since your existing surfaces look good I'd tend to go with that.

Inspect the PP carefully for wear points - rivets, springs, etc., but other than that it should be fine.

From what I understand when a clutch friction disc frags out it's due to heat as the result of slip. Lots of factors go into that of course, but personally I wouldn't put the same pressure plate back in after such a failure.

Back