New Trailer

kenewagner

Trailer is done and even took it out for a test drive. Its a tilt bed built as low to the ground as I could make it. Car drives right up with out scrapping anything. Built everything heavy duty to last. Has 10 ply tires, all LED lighting, two tool boxes built into the tongue. The right side fender pivots forward like a gull wing door to allow me to open the drivers door while on the trailer. It still needed the platform under the rear drivers side tire to clear the tires when opening the door. Nothing is perfect I guess

Ken

Attachments

• Done.JPG
    Done.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Done 1.JPG
    Done 1.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Done 2.JPG
    Done 2.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Done 3.JPG
    Done 3.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 213
very nice ken. if you get a chance you'll have to weigh it so you get an idea of your total combined weight.

very nice ken. if you get a chance you'll have to weigh it so you get an idea of your total combined weight.

Trailer is 2400 lbs. There a scale up the road from me so I got the weight of the truck, the truck & trailer and the truck trailer and my car. Also got tongue weights empty and loaded.

Ken

What is the elevated plank for? Is that so you can still open the door and not hit the trailer fender?

Actually the fender swings up and out of the way. But the door still wont clear the tires so the rear tire on the car sits on that plank. Its a trade off to have the bed low to the ground the tires are going to be higher in relation to the top of the bed. My compromise

Ken

Ken,

It looks great, but I would strongly suggest putting a matching platform for the passenger side. As it is, the car will look real goofy going down the road with only the driver's side elevated. Duane did the driver's side only on his trailer and it drives me nutts to follow it with his car sitting all crooked.

David

I'm going to help you thoroughly test this trailer this weekend. Full throttle starts after every stop, a few burst to 100 mph, and hours on end at 80+ mph should do the trick. :eek::D:p

Duane did the driver's side only on his trailer and it drives me nutts to follow it with his car sitting all crooked.

David

Correct. The TBU crew hated being behind me. The board I used was a little on the tall side and Jim cut it down for me so the tilt is not as bad as before. I believe you could probably handle it now. :D

That's a super sweet looking trailer, Ken. Nice job on it.

I have seen it, and it is glorious! It is a true testiment to the fabrication skills possessed by Ken.

benny

Thanks all for the compliments guys. Its just nice to have my own trailer and not rely on anyone. Thanks to Andy who was always ready to loan me the use of his trailer. Looking forward to this shootout, what a blast

Ken

Ken,

It looks great, but I would strongly suggest putting a matching platform for the passenger side. As it is, the car will look real goofy going down the road with only the driver's side elevated. Duane did the driver's side only on his trailer and it drives me nutts to follow it with his car sitting all crooked.

David

lol..

Very nice looking! :D Did you use a kit or build it from scratch?

Great looking trailer and nice job building it from scratch. I really like the rolled front and the built in tool boxes. Very nice details.

Now all it needs is a air compressor and air jacks so it will lift up the car and make it easy to switch between street and race tires. :rolleyes:

Thanks all for the compliments guys. Its just nice to have my own trailer and not rely on anyone. Thanks to Andy who was always ready to loan me the use of his trailer. Looking forward to this shootout, what a blast

Ken

No problem Ken :D

Looking forward to seeing it in person sometime. I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice.

-Melon

Another work of Ken.

You know what would look good? How about the same rims from the SC on the trailer :p

Done202.jpg

Yesterday I finally got the title issued for my trailer and license plates. I am now legal. Last year I had to just slap a plate from a friends trailer on to go to the shootout. Not a good thing but I am all legit now. Is is quite a process in this state to get a title issued for something you build yourself:rolleyes:

Ken

Back