Screaming Demon coil pack question

Wolfswrath

I am adding the SD coil pack and Live wires to my lightly modified SC.
Should I get a new ignition condenser? and if so is there a better one than stock or replacement?

This is a great site for the SC's Keep up the great work!
and hurry up with the membership stuff....I am waiting to join still...

Matt

I would not even bother installing the Screamin Demon pack they have been known to fail and the stock coil is more then adequate.

I haven't heard of anyone needing to replace the condenser. It's purpose is strictly to attenuate any ignition system noise within the ground plane of the car. Many of the ignition components are ground switched.

In general there isn't anything wrong with the Screaming Demon Coil pack, some people have reported failures. Compared to reported failures for the stock coil pack, the failure rate has seemed a bit high for the screaming demon part.

The factory DIS and EDIS ignition systems are of very high quality and reliability. I have yet to hear of a better system for our cars. Many after-market ignition solutions offer no meaningful improvement, and often have lower performance.

from original poster

I am replacing a stock coil pack that has gone south..It started giving inconsistent spark, then failed all together.
I thought that the condenser was just for "RF" interference.

I do appreciate all the input/help.
Matt

I would not even bother installing the Screamin Demon pack they have been known to fail and the stock coil is more then adequate.

mine just fried after numerous times of arching over the past year. im so bad. like an idiot i just ordered another one next day.

Back