My 89SC Radiator has been restored!! Have questions....

phils89sc

I just got back from the radiator shop who refurbished my original 89 SC's radiator. They successfully cleaned all rows and did a fine job at that, then pressure tested it. So, I will be picking it up tomorrow after it is painted and installing it on Saturday.

My question is this. My SC is an AOD trans car. I thought that these cars, had a three row radiator? What the guy at the shop said was that it was a two row, but the rows are much wider than your typical radiator.

Did these cars ever come equipped with a three row radiator?

A tri core radiator for these cars might not be a bad idea. Might run too cool though. And, not on the cars I have, to answer your question. both duo core.

I just got back from the radiator shop who refurbished my original 89 SC's radiator. They successfully cleaned all rows and did a fine job at that, then pressure tested it. So, I will be picking it up tomorrow after it is painted and installing it on Saturday.

My question is this. My SC is an AOD trans car. I thought that these cars, had a three row radiator? What the guy at the shop said was that it was a two row, but the rows are much wider than your typical radiator.

Did these cars ever come equipped with a three row radiator?

I forgot to mention that he said that in a package as small as our radiators are in, putting in a 3-row would probably not net much, if any gain in cooling performance. Does this make any sense?

Yah, I would say so. Only because it's possible to force more air through the rad in a number of ways. But, how and where do you get rid of it. that's a problem to consider. Any air coming in has to be somewhat equal to air exhausted somewhere ( pass through ) for effective cooling. I haven't done much looking around in that department to see how our cars are setup.

Back