PDA

View Full Version : bone yard finds.. yoo hoo

90turbo1
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
So I skipped work today and went to the junk yard. much needed rest from stressfull dealership.

so I scored two sets of window trim around glass and along top of door where glass slides against.

i scored three sets of unbroken cowls.

two sets of headlamps.

a perfect 94 front bumper cover, headlamps, and header panel.

one set 94 ABS front spindles

Set front mustang hubs.

drivers door glass

two perfect keypads for drivers door.
'
perfect left and right fender liners (hope the lx ones fit my SC)

top and bottom rear window trim

set of trim from windshield to rear glass

top windshield trim

set of perfect wiper arms from a 94 (they look better than my 92 ones)

lots of nuts and bolts i think i might need.

all that junk for 80 bucks out the door...... i love junk yards.

:D

Justin89SC
10-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Great finds. Im overdue for a trip to the junk yard myself. Its such a great way to get away from the family and relieve some stress...:D

Regul8r
10-01-2010, 08:43 PM
no way we could get that much out the door for that cheap out here in the midwest unless it was at a pick-n-pull.

Limited amount of boneyards means more $$ for parts you pull.

Justin89SC
10-01-2010, 08:54 PM
no way we could get that much out the door for that cheap out here in the midwest unless it was at a pick-n-pull.

Limited amount of boneyards means more $$ for parts you pull.

That sucks.

I go to a junk yard. You pay $40 bucks. You can take as much as you can carry. You can use a wheelbarrow if you want.

I went one time. I pulled a whole entire blue 94/95 dash, included the cluster and all the components, steering column with airbag out of the same car with the dash, a blue 94/95 hood, mark 8 raditor fan, 2 mark 8 mafs, gauge cluster out of a 71 chevy pick-up for a buddy, and misc. senors and such.

The went again 2 weeks later and got brand new clear corners that were on a lx bird, throttle cable from the only SC that was there, for sensors, A/C compressor, a few belts, coil pack, rear pumpkin cover with bracket, and a few other small things.:D

90turbo1
10-02-2010, 09:34 PM
yes, this is a pick and pull lot. you pay two bucks to get in and go nuts. they just kinda check it over when you leave. a buck for this, three bucks for that, 10 for that and so on there seems to be no rhiyme or reason to it all.

but its fun.....

rbrown
10-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow not here. They ding you for every part.

Regul8r
10-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Growing up outside of Worcester Mass there was a U-Pull it yard.
LITERALLY!

LARGE items had flat rates to them... engine or tranny $75, rear end $50.
The rest... $50 to DRAG it out or $25 to CARRY it out.

ALWAYS bring a thick length of rope...
First thing we did was tear off a hood and use it as a skid sled.
Had my buddy who was 6'2" 240lbs of football OX!
We tore it all off and loaded it while he dragged it around like a pulling clydesdale. OH the stuff we pulled for $50!

I MISS THE OLD DAYS!

90turbo1
10-03-2010, 11:31 AM
well we do get cahrged for everything but like I said its a guess from the check out person most are a buck or 2. motors are 75 bucks ect ect.

the only thing I dont like is one week you will see all sorts of cars and the next week they are gone. the inventory is constantly revolving there some cars get crushed with out much taken off of them.