Is repairing a dash possible?

90turbo1

So my SC made me sad today.....:(

i removed the windshield for paint and such, have new one ready to put back in when paint is done.

but when I removed windshield i must have knicked the dash pad a bit right in center up near the glass. cleaned up windshield glue area and noticed it, no big deal glass will cover it up so went on working outside in driveway.

well sun on dash with no windshield must have caused the dash to contract slightly. and next thing I knew i saw a crack about 4 inch long now.

anyway is there anyway to fix this? other than replacement of dash (if I can find a good one)

or at min. is there a way to stop this from spreading further.

thanks

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 66
I talked to a local upolstery shop that did all the work for the dealership I worked at. He said it was no problem, but they would need the dash minus the car....

Ive had a dash fixed while in the car....But its never the same and will probably end up cracking again down the road.

Mine was stabbed a few times with a knife and looked good as new after. Guy cam eto my house and did it. Look around Im sure you have someoen like that near you as well

well the windshield is out of the car, it would be easy to do. the dash is in perfect shape with the exception of the crack that I do believe i caused. Crap everything is going good with paint prep and then that.

i know what they mean when the car will suck you in and cause all sorts of expensive problems.

ha ha

Check your local yellow pages and see if there is a Dr. Vinyl in your area. My 94 SC was broken into a few years ago and they repaired damage to my passenger seat and door panel. 3 years later the repair looks as good as new. Reasonable prices (insurance paid, but regardless) the only downfall was the guy was in such demand it took almost 6 weeks to get the car in. Highly recommended.

Jeff

Back