Thanks Dave & Connie and Dave Neibert+

Dirtyd0g

Thanks to everyone involved for setting up such a nice event. I don't think most people realize how much is involved in making an event like this happen. Once again you all did a wonderful job.
Only complaint is the weather, who was in charge of that?
Alan

Besides the big thanks to Dave and Connie, Brian Oatway and family deserved cudos for the great cooked meals. They spent alot of time before, during and after the event making this happen. Thank-you for the great meals.

Mike

Besides the big thanks to Dave and Connie, Brian Oatway and family deserved cudos for the great cooked meals. They spent alot of time before, during and after the event making this happen. Thank-you for the great meals.

Mike

X2---everyone involved with putting this together needs an extra pat on the back and/or a big hug. I've never been involved with a group this large that does things for one another so agreeably....Cudos to all involved, can't wait for next year and it was worth sacrificing an engine to get to hang with this group.......Dan

Even though I didnt make it Id like to thank Dave and everyone else involved in making this happen. I'd especially like to thank the guys dedicated to making these cars go..Chris V, Corey, Casey, Kevin and everyone one else that showed up and even those that didnt.

And teh young bucks...Dammm...I mean if managing to build a 600+ rwhp setup in less than a year while attending Engineering school isnt all out I dont know what is . Proud of ya son. And look at Corey to show you that all you need is a turbo and a dream. HE could have easily been pursueded to buy a NEON or something....But no!

Crap I havent ever been excited about a shootout and well I'm floored.

Again congrats to all and perhaps one day Ill actually have a car that runs better than a 15.0!

Brian and Jennifer Oatway have taken the Shootout experience to new levels. It's been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach and that truth has never been more evident than after seeing how the Shootout group has responded to some good old fashioned cookin'. :D Brian and Jennifer and crew are an absolutely invaluable part of the event (yes, more ways than just the cooking too!). Thank you all so very much.

David

Thanks Dave...we really enjoy doing it. Also big thanks to James and Dawn Smith, Megan Leitem, Jim, Chris, Kathy, Jen, Andrew Dalke and all the other people who helped cook and especially clean up in the rain. Like everything else at the Shootout this was a true team effort.

Dave and Connie, you guys are great. You organize the event, show up and give of yourselves for us all weekend long and it's been a few years since you guys even got to race one of your own cars. Talk about selfless giving!!!

And lets not forget all the people helping others get there junk ready or fixed. Rewiring burned out electric fans, shopping trips from the track to replace blown hoses, tools and parts being swapped and shared all over the track, people stripping parts from there own cars to help others.

Another year to remember. It was great to see all of you again.

Alan - Beat me to starting the thread! :p

Again, special thanks to the Dalke's, Brian Oatway and family (finally got to meet you), Dave N., the sponsors, and everyone else involved - this event really holds the club together!

I'd also like to thank Chris Vining for hooking me up with Livelink and more importantly his help with my first steps in the tuning world.

Met several new friends and got to see several from last year too - great times!

Thanks so much to everyone who made this happen!! :D:cool:

ps: weather wasn't as bad as the Ramada! At least we had Brian's chili to help us forget the weather! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Big thanks to everyone already mentioned and the reasons mentioned. But I need to add that Brian and Jennifer's daughters made the Shootout a lot more enjoyable for me and especially my wife Jenn, by being excellent baby sitters for my kids. Thanks again.

Shooutout to the whole SC committee for bringing another year of exciting entertainment. And bringing friends and other SC nuts closer together. Watching the way the club has progressed for the sole reason of being competitive at the shootout. 11s is def the new 12s and it wont be long for Neibert and Vinning to make 10s a regular thing for the old V6supercharged mill. I enjoyed seeing the Supras, I mean turboes do their thing. 9 second pass on a SC body car is just sick. Good job everyone. I wish I could say better about my set up but the old mule just didn't allow me to enjoy the event to the fullest. Still I had a blast.

Nitrous and my car = FAIL, someday someday.

Again congrats to all and perhaps one day Ill actually have a car that runs better than a 15.0!

For most building the car and learning the lessons is the real fun. Making a 10 second run will entertain you for a day or two. Building a 10 second car will entertain (as well as annoy at times) you for a decade or two.
Alan

Best shootout for me. Got a one of a kind name tag to hang from my mirror:D
thanks Connie:D New personal bests, only minor damages to the car:rolleyes: great food, great friends, hightlight of my year. Thanks from me to all the people behind the scenes:rolleyes: What a great club event

Ken

Agreed!

Everything that has been said pretty much sums it all up. I personally understand the challenges an event like this presents on a yearly basis. As always, all of you have come together to make this happen.

I know for sure it also can not be done without support and the sponsors that support this event are fantastic. I want to thank them as well as all those that plan and provide for this event.

A fanatastic job by all. Thanks again. I certainly enjoyed it. :D

I'm down with the thanks. It was my first event and it was great. All the effort is appreciated. The dyno guy was a hell of a good sport as well.

Special tks to;

Connie for doing 60 in a 30 all weekend.

Standing in line 3 or 4 deep Friday night to get our package she asked "And you are", I responded with my screen name, and without looking anywhere but at me she come back with "Paul right"

I was speechless.

David on the Sunday, whom I had to ask what he looked like because he was so busy and basically out of site till then.

Standing in a small group he looked at me with no intro and with a straight face said "You need tires" and was off again.

DN and I are smokers. 4 or 5 times we were holding up the wall to the building doing our thing.

Always patient, me with my dumb questions. Been there, done that. Don't go there.

A special tks to Cathy. The Party for Two no doubt is working its way thru Keswick High.

I arrived early on Saturday for the dyno testing.

Up on the hill by the building was this small tent with smoke rising. For the next 4 hrs I watched a prep team producing a Parking Lot Feast reserved normally for a Roadhouse.

Don't know all the participants, but it was bang on.

Can we get bigger plates next year? I felt a little guilty with my condo platter.

Personnel antidotes.

Tks Again

Paul

Thanks to all who helped make this event happen, but yeah a special thanks to Dave and Connie for their untiring devotion.

Thanks Everyone that makes this happen! Another great event, for sure!:)

And Thanks Dave for sending all the newbie tuners my way. I learned some myself as I don't have much to tweek with mine, as your tune on mine is spot on. And you all are welcome.:)

Sal and I had a blast! I know that Dan did as well. I would also like to thank Dave and Connie. The Shootout just keeps getting better and it wouldnt be possible without Dave and Connie and the shootout planning members. I would also like to thank the patience of Chris Vining, Mike Menke, and Zimmer for helping me get my BE up and going. We be the "newbies" LOL gotta learn sometime.

Back