Well Ive given up!

XxSlowpokexX

Ive completely given up on fixing whatever it is thats wrong with my car...So I gave it to someone to fix..WISH ME LUCK! Because if he cant fix it..ITS ROASTED MARSHMELLOW TIME!!!

IF I KNEW IT BE FIXED!!!!! Whatever it is I cant find the problem and I am so done. Two full days diagnosing and working on it is more than enough for me to want to shoot it

And if Chris cant figure it out Im going to have to Beg Dave D to take on th eproject...But I seriously hav ea feeling its something stupid that I totally overlooked. I tend to over"anal"yze certain things

Doug. It was undrivable and just finished putting it back together a few weeks ago....Now I can drive it but......

Ill let you know how it turns out and maybe make a visit. BTW I finally got to send that thing out to you today. Sorry for the EXTREMELY LONG delay.

Doug. It was undrivable and just finished putting it back together a few weeks ago....Now I can drive it but......

Ill let you know how it turns out and maybe make a visit. BTW I finally got to send that thing out to you today. Sorry for the EXTREMELY LONG delay.

No problem, hopefully Chris will figure it out.

what were the symptoms? I like knowing about these things for future referance...so you just rebuilt your engine?

To make a long story short I blew head gaskets last year..And did them in the rain so I could make it to Carlisle.

Car ran fine but I always smelt antifreeze...Turned out I cracked a head..Well car started to lose power then started to break up a bit but it would get worse then better till it just got bad.

So I pulled the heads...Saw the crack got new heads....

Put it all back together with some upgrades...same issues

Seems to be ignition related but checked everything and cant find the issue.

When datalogging when the car goes under heavy load it seems to pull all timing.

Turned knock sensor off in tune..Same issue.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I:M DONE!!!!!

(this is the extrememly short version)

what were the symptoms? I like knowing about these things for future referance...so you just rebuilt your engine?

Hesitiation, stalling, no power, hard starts, loses all timing under load and runs better with the cam sensor unplugged. After spending hours and hours changing parts and testing things, Its been sent to a local professional who loves a challenge.
This morning after reading the extensive list of what was changed and what its doing, he said had a idea of his plan of attack and this afternoon Ill see what he checked out and what he plans next.
Hopefully its something stupid and cheap.

BTW, I dont own a SC and have no plans of getting one, but since I spend so much time under the hood of Damons I feel that I do own one!!!

Last edited:
Damn dude! Good Luck. Hope you get it figured out soon. I really wanted to see how it ran with those heads!!!

DW

So before you blew head gaskets it ran fine? gotta be something you did (no offense)...its rare that things go bad when a car is not being driven...

Hope it gets figured out! keep us posted

So before you blew head gaskets it ran fine? gotta be something you did (no offense)...its rare that things go bad when a car is not being driven...

Hope it gets figured out! keep us posted

It ran like crap before we pulled the heads off. It just so happen that he noticed a cracked head so since it was apart, he upgraded.

Back