Things I learned at the 2010 Shoot-out

neverfastenough

We had one of these threads before, turned out to be pretty entertaining.

1. My horsepower Knob does work, so does Casey's
2. Factory replacement clutches FTMFL
3. Raj gets sassy when you smoke out his parking lot.
4. Mullets are an excellent way to keep your head warm, and can double as some head protection in case you may have drank excessively.
5. Apparently Im the perfect guy when it comes to working on stuff under sc's that arnt jacked up.

1. Turblow burnouts yet rather smokey go entirely unoticed, until the wastegate opens and people are like whats that funny noise.:p
2. Raj knows the ice machine is on the 2nd floor as he rides up the elevator with you and it doesn't work, then takes you to the 4th floor, you get your ice, then rides the elevator back with you to your floor to let you out. Note to self: Never ask where the ice machine is at the Ramada again, just an entirely uncomfortable experience.
3. Make sure the knock sensor is actually turned off before you dyno, then race and wonder why your junks running slow.:eek:

1. Raj has a younger brother (name unknown) who is somewhat slow, overweight, and loves thicker women. He allows him to hangout at this hotel bar because he feels bad for him.
2. Corey can't hand the Rumpleminz

1. Raj has a younger brother (name unknown) who is somewhat slow, overweight, and loves thicker women. He allows him to hangout at this hotel bar because he feels bad for him.
2. Corey can't hand the Rumpleminz

If I woulda went Rumpleminz, Case of yuengling, 40 of bud light, then champagne. I may have handled it just fine. However the order of alcoholic drinks was not in the above order lol

A Turbo car doing burnout in the parking lot, can be confused with a car with bad head gaskets. Just a lot off smoke and no noise.

Learned a ton this year
1 your 60 foots drop off when only one wheel is spinning
2 My car does not want a lap top attached to it
3 Resonators really do resonate when they break internally:rolleyes:
4 Menke still can wake the dead snoring
5 My car really can go fast:D:D:D

Ken

Ok, I'll bite. Some things I learned at my 9th Shootout.....

1) No matter what you do, you won't make everyone happy so judge your success on you own terms (the Tony Serno vs. Brian Oatway M-3 final made everything worth it: Win margin .0242 -> Brian). You can't script this kind of finish!

2) Supercoupes were never meant to have turbo's and will categorically reject them.

3) Rather than holy water or sprinklings of incense, SC's prefer gravel and will make lots of power when dusted with small rocks.

4) F150's own SC's. Especially copper ones.

5) 470 V6 HP owns 550 V8 HP. I always suspected the V8's were posers.

6) Jim Demmitt lost a lot of weight this year.

7) Canadians cheat.

8) SC motors DO like 7000rpm. SC clutches do NOT like 7000rpm.

9) I hate WB02 sensors.

10) Ramada Xena suxors.

11) Brian Oatway is the new honorary "John Force".

12) Andrew likes Pontiac racecars. Andrew doesn't like broken Pontiac racecars.

1) I can't keep my T-Bird together.

2) I can't keep my F-Bird together.

3) Ruvulo can't keep his car together.

4) Corey can't keep his car together.

5) Forget 1,3, and 4; turbo cars won't stay together.

6) Micah's lack of male genitalia wouldn't rep the 7k club.

7) My clutch's lack of male genitalia wouldn't let me rep the 7k club.

8) Double Deez had the best 24 hours of his life.

9) Actually, Double Deez has the best week of his life.

10) He may have lost some hair because of it.

11) If you can put "successful" and "destruction" in the same sentence, you did work, son!!

12) RESPECT--SC's still remain and always will remain bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.

483 to be exact, now if I could just learn to drive it..........:rolleyes:

I did sign up for Chris Vinning "learn to school your buddies" drag racing seminar............:D

You also need to sign up for 1MTNCAT's school of "Nitrous Dragracing" and particulars!! Don't worry school will be opening for both in the spring Keith!! ;)

:Di had a blast but my car hate's me and it was a honor to sit in chris's trunk on the dyno. I know have a 600hp+ butt dyno.

I got to meet the king of sc's the great David Dalke

some young lady friday liked yelling cox party of 2 all night.

Last edited:
A couple other things I learned! Funny but true!

1) You folks put on an excellent program!

2) You folks put on an excellent program in the parking lot too! :eek:

3) Turbo cars make awesome HP!!

4) Turbo cars and sticks break awesome parts!

5) Turbo cars NEED automatics!!!!!! ;)

6) Dave Neibert doesn't have enough seats in his car! :rolleyes:

7) IRS cars can run 9's with enough HP

8) The "DRIVER" mod can make most cars quicker.

9) A fully built SC can throw a belt across nearly both lanes! :D

10) Dave and Connie can put on a helluva show.

I really enjoyed the event once again this year. MAYBE, if the stars align I'll have my junk together for next year. A great time as always. :)

That's it I'm forming sctcoa.com (super coupe turbo club of america), 5 speed cars only please...6 speeds will also be accepted :)

I learned that there are some tracks that have a .0000 perfect reaction time and some that have a .5000 perfect reaction time.....on my LAST run of eliminations! :eek:

Last edited:
Back