Ok, need help with vacuum line (with pics)..on the home stretch after HG replacement.

phils89sc

I am on the home stretch after a long drawn out HG replacement. I have the cowlings off for access and I want to make sure I have all the vacuum lines hooked up properly.

The fuel pressure reg vac line goes to the inlet plenum vacuum port correct? The other two that I want to make sure I get right are the other vacuum lines on the drivers side (made of plastic). My care is an auto. One of the long plastic lines comes from a vacuum solenoid or switch on the drivers side read shock tower (pictured). I cannot remember where this goes, but I think it goes to the SC bypass valve. The other one from the driver's side comes from the firewall and I think goes to the inlet plenum near the ACT sensor. This line is for the boost gauge right? Here are the pics. Please let me know if I missed anything critical or I am wrong. thanks.

Last edited:
The fuel pressure reg vac line goes to the inlet plenum vacuum port correct?
- Yes (Just before the SC, if I remember right)

My care is an auto. One of the long plastic lines comes from a vacuum solenoid or switch on the drivers side read shock tower (pictured). I cannot remember where this goes, but I think it goes to the SC bypass valve.
- Yes (I deleted this just to save space...I don't think it really helps or hinders performance. Ford stopped installing them after '89 I believe)

The other one from the driver's side comes from the firewall and I think goes to the inlet plenum near the ACT sensor. This line is for the boost gauge right?
- Yes & Yes

Come on over to the shop....

I have a few SCs :rolleyes: that you can look over to see how the vacuum lines are routed....

Back