Supercharger Pulley

cyoder

So I have been looking at all kinds of upgrades for my 90 sc automatic while waiting for my tax check to come in. I have been checking out jegs and i have found a supercharger pulley that I like, but I do not know if it will work. It is the Steeda Cobra Supercharger Pulley part number 555-3328. Can someone please tell me if this pulley will work on my car?

So I have been looking at all kinds of upgrades for my 90 sc automatic while waiting for my tax check to come in. I have been checking out jegs and i have found a supercharger pulley that I like, but I do not know if it will work. It is the Steeda Cobra Supercharger Pulley part number 555-3328. Can someone please tell me if this pulley will work on my car?

If it's for a Cobra, it's not going to work. You need one made specifically for a 89-95 Thunderbird SC or the supercharged XR7. Either of these vendors will have what you need.

http://www.spinningwheels-sc.com/

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/

David

Ok thanks for the help. My next question is which one should I get with my upgrades that I am soon to be having. Im getting a new racing transmission, torque converter, new driveshaft, new exhaust, and a 255 Lph fuel pump. Im just stuck on whether i should get a 10% or a 5% overdrive pulley. Thanks in advance.

If you still have the stock intercooler, I would probably not OD it at all. If you have a fan on it, then 5%...if you have a FMIC or double IC, 10% should be fine.

XR7Dave and/or fturner have some very detailed posts on using OD pullies...probably should read up :)

Basically, the when you spin the SC faster, more heat is generated and would probably get to the point that your computyer would pull timing and you'd lose some of, all of, or more than the power you would gain from the SC pulley - depending on your setup.

Last edited:
Yes, I still have the stock intercooler, but that is also another upgrade that I forgot to list the car is already has been torn apart since march to do upgrades and i was supposed to be getting my tax refund but i didnt get it until today so im doing all the upgrades i can do since its winter and i have the money.

Back