vibration problem?

91BLOWNBIRD

so I have a vibration problem from ~65mph-80mph and dies down a bit above 80. I lifted the car in the air and took rear wheels off to eliminate the suspension and the wheels...it switches back and forth between light vibration and violent like every couple seconds.

I also replaced the driveshaft because I wanted an aluminum one anyway and it still vibrated.

So I noticed my driver side axle shaft wobbling so I pulled that side apart and the wheel bearing was loosing grease and so I replaced the bearing and the shaft...still vibrating.:confused:

Any ideas? Can the diff be causing this?

have you checked your motor mounts, i had the same problem awhile back and the motor was sitting on the engine cradle causing a lot of vibration through the whole car.

well I recently installed the engine about a year ago and the aftermarket mounts were fine then, but maybe I'll check them out

Check your exhaust. You'll be surprised how much vibration you'll feel if its rubbing up against something or not seated properly in the rubbers

Been chasing this one myself. I am down to replacing a halfshaft and having another driveshaft made

Back