vibrations at idle, need help

93SC87GN

Hello fellow SC'ers

This is my first problem, my 93 auto SC w/84k miles on it, is having bad vibrations at idle in gear. I have replace the plugs and wires. Run Mobil 1 oil, good gas(changed the fuel filter 4months ago). This car is bone stock, drag raced once, and I drive it very easy. All highway miles for my job. Like 14k sense June. The vibration is really bad in reverse, not so bad in forward gear. The car runs great, gets great gas mileage, doesn't leak anything, doesn't use oil.

My thoughts on the problem. Tranny or motor mounts, but my repair guy said they look fine, tested them. Possible torque convertor, it seems to work fine. ie 2000rpm=about 75. I will have them check that, their seems to be a small vacuum leak. I will track that one down myself. The car accelerates normally. The supercharger sound normal. Any known bushing problems?
I realize the car is 9 years old w/84k, I don't think the car would be totally smooth(the 3.8 shake.....GN motors do the same thing) but this is bad.

Thanks

Travis

turbotrav@hotmail.com

Any ideas?

Vibration

Vacuum leaks cause these cars to idle really rough. If you know it has a vacuum leak than that is very likely your problem. Most of the time when my SC has a rough idle it has been because of vacuum lines off or leaking somewhere. The IC tubes are another source of leaks, make sure that they are sealed properly.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Back