Clutch Line Removal **Bad Sleeve**

CMac89

The white sleeve on my clutch line is all torn up. Is there a place to buy a replacement one or even a tool to buy at an auto parts store?

Ah man that's the pits. I had this happen on my Cougar. I had to use two tiny flatheads and work it, not fun and I destroyed it more but finally got it out.

I got my clutch line disconnect tool from Matco. I assume that all the major tool makers have them. This guy happened to have it on his truck. It was rather flimsy and didn't work to well. Rockauto.com sells a complete line with sleeve.

I got my clutch line disconnect tool from Matco. I assume that all the major tool makers have them. This guy happened to have it on his truck. It was rather flimsy and didn't work to well. Rockauto.com sells a complete line with sleeve.

Sounds like he's got it chewed up so bad that the regular removal tool isn't going ot help.

Try cutting a piece of flexible plastic the right thickness to the right size and see if you slid it up in place. I use 2 small screwdrivers on each side to push it in to release the catch. I made one from a 1/32 teflon sheet once.

Back