PDA

View Full Version : car wont start

anthrax
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
when i start the engine it cranks but im not getting fuel pressure at the fuel rail. i pulled the codes and got code 95 for KOEO and memory. i tryed jumping the STI and jumping the FPR and still nothing. i tested the inertia switch and i got about 20ohms on it. but shop key says less than 5ohms so i jumped it and still nothing. i think i found the wires going to the FP under the seat. there are 4 wires. pink/blk( hot) black (ground) orange (?) and yellow/white (fuel level?)i looked at the wiring diagram and it only shows black and pink/black. i tested the pink/blk and got 5.6volts. i want to make sure this is the fp harness before i put 12volts to it. and is there a way to check the resistance of the FP to see if its good or not before i go and drop the tank. and what the other two wires are for. my batterys dead again from trying to start so its charging now.

anthrax
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
with the fuel pump relay in im getting 6.8v at pink and black and when its jumped im getting 12.6v. and when its at 12v and i dont hear the pump kick on. im getting a little more pressure at the rail but its not squirting out like it should

Mike Puckett
10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
When I had a problem like this I jumped it from the eec test plug, I forget which pin connection, to ground to make the pump run. My low pressure was due to a deteriorated connection at the fuel pump. I had to replace the whole assembly since the fuel pump was bad as well.

anthrax
10-09-2010, 05:26 AM
ive already jumped it there and still nothing

Mike Puckett
10-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Sure sounds like a bad fuel pump at this point. You'll probably need to drop the tank and check it out. With a jack under the tank you can lower the front right side just enough to access the pump. First disconnect the fuel line at the rail. Use the blue colored tool for the large line. Once it's disconnected you can try running the pump and see how strong the fuel is coming out of the line. If it runs at all pump as much of the fuel as you can into gas cans so it won't spill when lowering the tank and removing the pump. I've done this several times and the only hard part is getting the exhaust out of the way.

anthrax
10-09-2010, 10:58 AM
i might just replace the fuel pump harness 1st just make sure its not a wiring gremlin before i drop the tank. the exhaust bolts are pretty rusty so it be a little difficult :P get back to ya when its done