PDA

View Full Version : Gonna try my luck tonight

BLOWN38
10-08-2010, 03:55 PM
To get that 10 second pass. Hope the weather cooperates. Track elevation is 80ft, air temp at 7pm= 66, 8pm= 63, 9pm= 61, 10pm= 60, 11pm=59. Hopefully I won't have to stay that late. Humidity gonna start at 57% and get to 69% at 11pm.

XR7Kurt
10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
You can doo it.:D Put an extra coat of wax on it, that'll give you a little extra speed. Can't wait to see the video.

David Neibert
10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Chris,

Good luck. Did you pull the passenger seat ?

David

Kurt K
10-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Hope you get it on the first try. Or at least I hope they don't kick you out before you get the run you want.

1MTNCAT
10-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Make the moves and I hope the weather will help you. ;)

I think you can get there with the interior but if needed, pull it.

I think you'll hit the 125 MPH mark!

ricardoa1
10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
<object width="560" height="304" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://movieclips.com/watch/embed/the-fast-and-the-furious-2001/10-seconds-or-less/" style="background: #000000; display: block; overflow: hidden;"><param name="movie" value="http://movieclips.com/watch/embed/the-fast-and-the-furious-2001/10-seconds-or-less/" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /></object><a href="http://movieclips.com/watch/the-fast-and-the-furious-2001/10-seconds-or-less/" style="margin: 0; padding: 1px 0 0 0; width: 560px; height: 15px; background: #000000; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 4px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; line-height: normal; display: block;" onmouseover="this.style.background='#00aeff',this.style.color=' #ffffff';" onmouseout="this.style.background='#000000',this.style.color=' #cccccc';">Movie Videos &amp; Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com</a>

ScrapSC
10-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Looking like some nice air to be running in. Elevation is prime!!!

BLOWN38
10-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Well.... made the first pass and the tune ran rich again.:mad: Ran 11.34 at 120.47. Changed the tune to mode 1 tune 1 like Dave advised me at the shootout. Staged, launched, didn't feel that great and the sunroof didn't slide open and got blown away by a 8 second rail. Pulled around and got my slip and got sooo close with 11.03 at 123.91. 1-2 shift stumbled alittle bit, not sure whats going on there but I may be floating valves.:confused:

Pulled it around on the scales and she weighed 3740 with me in it. Went back to the trailer and added 1 degree of timing and lowered 1-2 shift 100 rpm. Sitin around waiting to run again and I'm smelling fuel. Go over to the car to see if its me and it sure smells like it. Had Dad get in the car to turn the key on to see what I could see. And I see some fuel seeping up the plastic fuel hose that connects the 2 metal rails under the snout. It didn't look that bad so I wrapped a rag around it to keep it from dripping on something it shouldn't.

So we get called to go run. Dad's right in front of me and he makes his pass, while I'm doing my burnout. I get up to the lights and they throw the reds up. They start cleaning my lane so I'm wondering if Dad is ok. Make a phone call and the car is running fine, nothing drippin, so who knows what the heck they are cleaning up. We watched the video and couldn't see either car smoking or anything. So while they are cleaning I pop my hood to let the motor cool alittle and I grab the rag and its soaked. So I called it a night to come back and race another day. Guess someone was lookin out for me.

So I'm alittle closer but just not quite there. Not sure if I will get it back out this year to try again, but we'll see. I'll check it out this weekend and see what I find. I was hoping to run the 10 tonight so I could start prepping the car for the new safety equipment.

DA was about 200ft.

XR7Kurt
10-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Nice job, sorry you didn't quite make it. You know you're probably just a tweak away now.
Your dad was supposed to be at the shootout so I could avenge my red light loss to him last year.

Payton
10-09-2010, 08:36 AM
You can always race it later Chris. Better be safe than sorry.

David Neibert
10-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Chris,

Bummer, on getting that close then having to wait until spring. You could always trailer it down to KY next month and try again with the Arnold gang.

David

1MTNCAT
10-09-2010, 11:32 AM
He's got other opportunities this year if he so chooses.

I hope he finds the leak and gets that resolved. That may be part of the fuel issue he's been seeing also.

He's just a tick away so getting the problem resolved and making it out another day could be the answer. I'd have liked to have seen the pass without that little birp from 1st -2nd.

:)

XR7 Dave
10-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Chris, stop trying to hold multiple tunes on the QH. It's going to keep biting your butt.

Also, that is the 3rd instance of a leaking crossover line that I've seen. The line was Aeroquip socketless hose. I'm starting to have my doubts about that hose. Should probably replace it with braided line.

rzimmerl
10-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Chris, stop trying to hold multiple tunes on the QH. It's going to keep biting your butt.

Also, that is the 3rd instance of a leaking crossover line that I've seen. The line was Aeroquip socketless hose. I'm starting to have my doubts about that hose. Should probably replace it with braided line.

Yep on the both of those things for me. I've had my socketless Fragola hose leak, braided will be going in soon, not going to chance it anymore. Good luck on the 10s this year, your so close.

Mike8675309
10-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Is it hose on the stock fuel rail barbs, or hose on actual aeroquip socketless hose fittings?

XR7 Dave
10-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Is it hose on the stock fuel rail barbs, or hose on actual aeroquip socketless hose fittings?

Socketless fittings.

ScrapSC
10-09-2010, 01:47 PM
as Bobby Booshays buddy would say "You can do it!" LOL Hope to see ya get it. I know that supposedly the temps are supposed to be in the low 60s with 40% humidity on Friday her locally. Might sneak out to the track myself and see what happens.

nickleman60
10-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Damn you're close, I'm sure you'll see it before the season ends and all of the tracks close down. If I can find a trailer to buy I'd like to go up to VMP & try one more time and see if I can improve my best.

rzimmerl
10-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Damn you're close, I'm sure you'll see it before the season ends and all of the tracks close down. If I can find a trailer to buy I'd like to go up to VMP & try one more time and see if I can improve my best.

Eh, who needs a trailer. My junk got me to the shootout threw down some numbers and slips, and drove me back getting 20mpg.:cool::D

Payton
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Eh, who needs a trailer. My junk got me to the shootout threw down some numbers and slips, and drove me back getting 20mpg.:cool::D

Yeap. took me 10 hours to drive to Shoot out and back last year)

nickleman60
10-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Well, let's count the reasons.

1. I can't carry my track tires in the car, you know.....those things called slicks.
2. I can't drive the car 90 miles with said slicks already on the car.
3. I can't leave tools sitting on the ground in the pit area....they usually grow feet and dissapear.
4. You never know when something's going to happen, for you it's tow truck time.
5. Gets me more in the racing mode when I tow my car.
6. To know that no matter what I'm coming home when I want, not the tow truck companies time frame.
7. Safety.......is there a bigger reason?

BLOWN38
10-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Dave, I'm just using one tune in it since about 3 weeks ago. And now I'm trying the mode 1 tune 1. With it in mode 1 and tune only in tune 1 I tried changing the tune to a blank position and the car didn't run any different, so maybe that will take car of the problem.

I guess I will prolly get it fixed. I was thinking about it and its pretty easy to remove the blower. So I was gonna ask what hose it was or what hose I should use. What diameter/size hose is it?

And I was also thinking about the 1-2 stumble, maybe I'm blowing the spark out, so I think I'll regap the plugs too. What do you guys think about that? It revs right to the 6500 2-3 shift but the 1-2 you can see in the data log it revs to 6200 then dips for a second and shifts. I'll attach the log. Or is it something to do with the load? Just noticed that is at 200 there for a split second.

BLOWN38
10-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Here's a couple videos.
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kizPSKgNcgM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kizPSKgNcgM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_Ne6x7VDPY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l_Ne6x7VDPY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

ScrapSC
10-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Well the first time I didnt take the trailer I would break for sure and have to call to the house for a ride to the house.

XR7 Dave
10-09-2010, 10:20 PM
You may have a conflict with your speed/throttle based shift point and your rpm based shift point and as a result it may be shuffling for a second between gears. Your mph based shift point needs to be higher than your rpm based shift point to prevent this. I don't think your DEF file gives you access to the mph based shift points.

MagpoweredSC
10-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Awesome run. What did you change since Maple Grove Pinks All Out?

BLOWN38
10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Awesome run. What did you change since Maple Grove Pinks All Out?

Gears 10% more OD and shift points.:cool:

Thanks Dave I'll check that out. I have all the rev limits set to 7k.

XR7 Dave
10-09-2010, 10:35 PM

I guess I will prolly get it fixed. I was thinking about it and its pretty easy to remove the blower. So I was gonna ask what hose it was or what hose I should use. What diameter/size hose is it?

You shouldn't need to remove the blower, the lines unscrew off the fuel rail. Anyway, the line is all -6 AN.

BLOWN38
10-09-2010, 11:43 PM
You shouldn't need to remove the blower, the lines unscrew off the fuel rail. Anyway, the line is all -6 AN.

Actually its the stock style line, may even be the stock line. On one side the grey covering is cut back some, so that you can see the clear line underneath. It looks to be leaking somewhere in the middle under the grey covering. What would be the stock replacement line I need or should I use something else/better?

BLOWN38
10-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Yep on the both of those things for me. I've had my socketless Fragola hose leak, braided will be going in soon, not going to chance it anymore. Good luck on the 10s this year, your so close.

What was the line you were selling about a year ago? Was that the fragola stuff? Should I go with the aeroquip like in the mn12 performance writeup, and what size is it? Nevermind I see it was aeroquip. But is it working good for you and still need to know the size?

rzimmerl
10-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I had a bunch of the -4 Aeroquip leftover that I sold a few years ago. Since my fuel rail is modified now I am not using any of it. I have a remote Aeroquip regulator that I used Fragola 8000 series of the back of the rail with their crimp clamps for safety to the regulator, and my front cross feed line has -6 AN fittings welded to the rail.

Blackened300A
10-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Im more impressed with your dads car for the obvious reasons, but good luck getting into the 10's!

Did that snake oil wax he picked up in NC stay on the car or did it wash off and bring the swirls back?

BLOWN38
10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Im more impressed with your dads car for the obvious reasons, but good luck getting into the 10's!

Did that snake oil wax he picked up in NC stay on the car or did it wash off and bring the swirls back?

He loves the stuff. And I must say it does keep the rubber frfom sticking to the bumper. I did my car up with it too, it works well. I washed my whole car in the garage with water spots and road grime from towing in the rain.

XR7 Dave
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes, now I remember, yours is a stock line. -4 socketless and then use a fuel injection band clamp over it and you'll be golden. Dont' use a worm clamp.

BLOWN38
10-10-2010, 08:00 PM
-4 socketless and then use a fuel injection band clamp over it and you'll be golden.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the thought reinforcement.

BLOWN38
10-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Got my fuel rail all rebuilt.:)

The cool thing is the hose matches the injector base.:cool:

CMac89
10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
That's pretty lookin.

Back to the track! Running 10's on that Friday would have been a good Birfday present for me.

BLOWN38
10-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Now I just gotta drain a little coolant and reseal the the water outlet stack and clearance it somemore too. Also found my crank to jackshaft tensioner was coming loose too, thank god it didn't fall off.:eek:

Look to get back to the track in november. I don't know maybe I can get there this sunday.:confused:

David Neibert
10-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Now I just gotta drain a little coolant and reseal the the water outlet stack and clearance it somemore too. Also found my crank to jackshaft tensioner was coming loose too, thank god it didn't fall off.:eek:

Look to get back to the track in november. I don't know maybe I can get there this sunday.:confused:

Chris,

I'm done with racing my 91 SC for the season, but seeing all these turbo SCs at the Shootout has got me all motivated to take my 93 SC to the track before the season ends. If the weather holds up I'll be taking off early Tuesday and trailering it over to the race shop that re-did most of the turbo system, built a new stainless exhaust, installed the FAST XFI and several other things.

Planning to gas it up 50/50 with 93 octane and C16 and test the trans brake settings on the race gas tune with the boost cranked up to over 20 pounds. Then we go to the track that evening and datalog a couple 1/8 mile passes and hope we can get it to hook without breaking a half shaft. If I can get it to launch half way decent, I'll stay in it for the entire 1/4 mile and see if I can improve on that 10.7 ET.

Took it for a test drive last night and even at the pump gas boost level of 14.5 psi and only 18 degrees of timing, it's freakin scary. Compared to this car, my 91 feel like a lazy pooch. In case you can't tell, I'm pretty excited to get this car back on the track.

David

XR7 Dave
10-22-2010, 08:07 AM
David, why not just take it to the track as is? Clearly it's a lot faster than the 91, and may even run a 9 sec pass on pump gas. I think trying to crank up the boost and run race fuel without setting a baseline on street gas might be a mistake. Have you even raced the car yet with the current setup?

BLOWN38
10-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Chris,

I'm done with racing my 91 SC for the season, but seeing all these turbo SCs at the Shootout has got me all motivated to take my 93 SC to the track before the season ends. If the weather holds up I'll be taking off early Tuesday and trailering it over to the race shop that re-did most of the turbo system, built a new stainless exhaust, installed the FAST XFI and several other things.

Planning to gas it up 50/50 with 93 octane and C16 and test the trans brake settings on the race gas tune with the boost cranked up to over 20 pounds. Then we go to the track that evening and datalog a couple 1/8 mile passes and hope we can get it to hook without breaking a half shaft. If I can get it to launch half way decent, I'll stay in it for the entire 1/4 mile and see if I can improve on that 10.7 ET.

Took it for a test drive last night and even at the pump gas boost level of 14.5 psi and only 18 degrees of timing, it's freakin scary. Compared to this car, my 91 feel like a lazy pooch. In case you can't tell, I'm pretty excited to get this car back on the track.

David

Yeah you prolly better off testing it on the street tune and getting a feel for it without the brake, like Dave says. Then use the brake on the street tune. Baby steps, get used to driving it first. I would think it would easily best your 91, even on the street tune, and the 10.7 it previosly ran.

Kurt K
10-22-2010, 12:05 PM
I think the reason why David wants to take the big leap to the 50/50 mix and 20 lbs of boost is because he knows he will get kicked out of the track and would rather get kicked out running the fasted time possible.

That said, getting the most out of the street tune makes sense to me.

David Neibert
10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
David, why not just take it to the track as is? Clearly it's a lot faster than the 91, and may even run a 9 sec pass on pump gas. I think trying to crank up the boost and run race fuel without setting a baseline on street gas might be a mistake. Have you even raced the car yet with the current setup?

David,

It's pretty much the same configuration I raced it with at the Joilet NMRA event in 2009. In that race I was using the 275-40-17 MT drag radials, and running True Street class where you make 3 back to back passes. I was running on the street tune with an extra 1.5 pounds of boost and 3 gallons of 110 octane fuel added to a little over 1/2 a tanl of 93 octane. I was also launching off the trans brake with around 4 pounds of boost.

On the first two passes I let off shortly after the 1/8 mile to stay at 11.50 or slower, last pass I stayed in it and ran a 10.82 @ 130 on the revlimiter for the last 150 ft or so. I imagine it would run around 10.70-10.60 just how I drove to to work today except for swapping to the race wheels and tires.

Since Gateway will be closing the end of this month, I want to know what it will run with everything fixed and the boost cranked up another 5 psi. The race gas and double checking the tune are just precautions. I'll still only be at about 20 psi and the sweet spot for this turbo isn't until about 24 psi, so this won't be a max power deal.

For now, I just want to see if I can get low 10s with 20 psi and the 27" ET streets I've got now. If I can do low 10s or better on 20 psi, I'm pretty much committed to installing an 8 point roll bar before even trying to race it at max power. It would then be legal to 10.0 @ 135, but the rear portion would be built to be compatable for conversion to a certified cage if desired at a later date.

David

PS: I'm also tired of explaining why my 91 is quicker.

KwikGSeX
10-24-2010, 10:53 AM
David,

It's pretty much the same configuration I raced it with at the Joilet NMRA event in 2009. In that race I was using the 275-40-17 MT drag radials, and running True Street class where you make 3 back to back passes. I was running on the street tune with an extra 1.5 pounds of boost and 3 gallons of 110 octane fuel added to a little over 1/2 a tanl of 93 octane. I was also launching off the trans brake with around 4 pounds of boost.

On the first two passes I let off shortly after the 1/8 mile to stay at 11.50 or slower, last pass I stayed in it and ran a 10.82 @ 130 on the revlimiter for the last 150 ft or so. I imagine it would run around 10.70-10.60 just how I drove to to work today except for swapping to the race wheels and tires.

Since Gateway will be closing the end of this month, I want to know what it will run with everything fixed and the boost cranked up another 5 psi. The race gas and double checking the tune are just precautions. I'll still only be at about 20 psi and the sweet spot for this turbo isn't until about 24 psi, so this won't be a max power deal.

For now, I just want to see if I can get low 10s with 20 psi and the 27" ET streets I've got now. If I can do low 10s or better on 20 psi, I'm pretty much committed to installing an 8 point roll bar before even trying to race it at max power. It would then be legal to 10.0 @ 135, but the rear portion would be built to be compatable for conversion to a certified cage if desired at a later date.

David

PS: I'm also tired of explaining why my 91 is quicker.

David,

I thought you only needed a 6 point till 9.99 and then 8 point with a halo and chute bar after that for 8.50 cert..

And good luck with racing the 93.. That thing is a friggin animal!! Id love to see you get kicked out for not having your 9 second license instead of a rollcage.. LoL

Kurt K
10-24-2010, 11:19 AM
David,

I thought you only needed a 6 point till 9.99 and then 8 point with a halo and chute bar after that for 8.50 cert..

And good luck with racing the 93.. That thing is a friggin animal!! Id love to see you get kicked out for not having your 9 second license instead of a rollcage.. LoLThere is a cutoff for more than 135 mph, which is what he will have to worry about.

David Neibert
10-24-2010, 01:19 PM
David,

And good luck with racing the 93.. That thing is a friggin animal!! Id love to see you get kicked out for not having your 9 second license instead of a rollcage.. LoL

After doing some more reading, It's actually only a 5 point roll bar till 9.99, but I would probably do the passenger side bar (6 point) with removable bars on both sides. The 7th & 8th points I was planning to do are the diagonal braces from the cross bar of the hoop that go to the floor pan. Since they aren't really required I will skip those.

Most of the info I've read indicates 135 mph is the same as running 9.99 or quicker, but I'm not sure that is really true on a close body car with an unaltered OEM floorpan. Either way I'm only doing what's required for 11.49 to 10.00 ET. 99% of the time it will still be street driven, so I want as few bars as possible.

David

KwikGSeX
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
There is a cutoff for more than 135 mph, which is what he will have to worry about.

I know.. That is also the MPH they throw you out for not having a nine second license either..

There was a guy at the DSM Shoot out this weekend in NJ that went 9.80's in his Galant with a 6 point cage.. He won the finals with that pass but was disqualified for not having a 9 second cage in the car (he had the license).. Some of these techs take their jobs seriously..

BLOWN38
10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
I dids it!:D

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpppF1uF1DE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fpppF1uF1DE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u216/blown38/1096slip.jpg

nickleman60
10-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Congratulations, nice run Chris.

Kurt K
10-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Congrats Chris.

XR7 Dave
10-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Cool! Way to rock out the 3.8. :D

1MTNCAT
10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Now for the final mod and some good air and see how low it can go! ;)

I'm thinking 10.7-8 if conditions allow & 125-126 MPH. :eek:

An efficient, well driven, nearly full weight 440 HP car can run great ET's huh! :)

XR7Kurt
10-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Congratulations!

David Neibert
10-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Great job Chris !!

David

Jimmy 2Coupes
10-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Great time and nice video. Congrat's

shoalcracker
10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Great run Chris.

Looks like the mechanical gremlims have left the building.

Paul

neverfastenough
10-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Is that a 1.502 or 1.562

nickleman60
10-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Now for the final mod and some good air and see how low it can go! ;)

I'm thinking 10.7-8 if conditions allow & 125-126 MPH. :eek:

An efficient, well driven, nearly full weight 440 HP car can run great ET's huh! :)

Steve, Chris has that car flying. TQ change should net a couple of tenths at least.

I'm hoping for some "good" air on the 14th to try and run a personal best......;)

Corey, it looks like a 1.58 to me.

Kevin Leitem
10-31-2010, 01:05 PM
good job chris!!!

kenewagner
10-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Great job:D Congrats as well. Always cool to make a goal and thats some goal

Ken

Ira R.
10-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Yea!

Ira

ricardoa1
10-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Hell yeah. Thats truly awsome. 10s no nitrous and full weight. Well thats just impressive.

BLOWN38
10-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks guys! Its a 1.56 60'. Weight after the run was 3750 with me. Gonna try and install the new Dirty Dog 4k stall converter and see if the WOT box will work to try and get the 60's in the 1.4x range. On that pass I was foot braking it to 15-1700 rpm. With the converter, looking to bring it to 2500 and in the boost.

It was so nice to get it done on the first pass of the night. Not sure why the ACT was at 150* at the end of the run. Gotta check the alky injection, but the AFR was right on. Maybe it was the new belt, but boost was the same.:confused:b

Mike8675309
10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice run. Had a great launch and overall just sweet.

Kurt K
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Gonna try and install the new Dirty Dog 4k stall converter and see if the WOT box will work to try and get the 60's in the 1.4x range.Hope you like it. I've been very happy with mine. I just need more tire to make it work better for me. Best 60' to date is 1.58. I think mine stalls around 3600.

90blkbrd
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I knew you would do it yet this year. Congratulations!!!

neverfastenough
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys! Its a 1.56 60'. Weight after the run was 3750 with me. Gonna try and install the new Dirty Dog 4k stall converter and see if the WOT box will work to try and get the 60's in the 1.4x range. On that pass I was foot braking it to 15-1700 rpm. With the converter, looking to bring it to 2500 and in the boost.

It was so nice to get it done on the first pass of the night. Not sure why the ACT was at 150* at the end of the run. Gotta check the alky injection, but the AFR was right on. Maybe it was the new belt, but boost was the same.:confused:b

Chris, on my wot box, The higher I raised the tps voltage threshold the smoother it got. This is on my turbo setup tho. How low of tps voltage did you try, I know you cant run too much, or youd be spinning the tires before it activated.

David Neibert
11-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Chris,

What diameter and stall is the converter you have now ?

David

KwikGSeX
11-01-2010, 04:22 PM
That thing was out!! Congratulations dude..

BTW you have a brake light out :D

SCrazy
11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Awesome run..congrats

ricardoa1
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
That thing was out!! Congratulations dude..

BTW you have a brake light out :D

yeah those custom LED tails have been flickering for a long time. Time to redo the mod.

BLOWN38
11-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Yup gotta fix the tail lite. Right now I have a 9.5" 3k stall PI. Before the shootout I actually swapped the converter twice. Went from the single plate to a Dirty Dog modified PI triple plate that was too grippy, I couldn't footbreak it as high as the single plate. So I swapped the single back in for the shootout and brought the triple plate to the shootout to give to Alan to redo.

Cory, I think the problem I'm having with the WOT box is that the converters are too tight so the car would be loading/unloading when in gear on the 2 step. If I remember correctly it worked ok in neutral. I don't remember what I had the TP set for. Been about a year since I messed with it. I had Alan really loosen this converter up, so we'll see.

IkeyM
11-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Great run Chris!!

David Neibert
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Yup gotta fix the tail lite. Right now I have a 9.5" 3k stall PI. Before the shootout I actually swapped the converter twice. Went from the single plate to a Dirty Dog modified PI triple plate that was too grippy, I couldn't footbreak it as high as the single plate. So I swapped the single back in for the shootout and brought the triple plate to the shootout to give to Alan to redo.

Cory, I think the problem I'm having with the WOT box is that the converters are too tight so the car would be loading/unloading when in gear on the 2 step. If I remember correctly it worked ok in neutral. I don't remember what I had the TP set for. Been about a year since I messed with it. I had Alan really loosen this converter up, so we'll see.

Chris,

Don't know much about the late model convertors, but I thought the triple plate stuff was only an issue when commanding the converter to lock up, and shouldn't have anything to do with stall rpms. I'm also not seeing the point of using a 2 step with an automatic that is going to be launched off a foot brake. With the supercharger, it's not going to make anymore boost at 2800 with the two step cutting spark and dumping unburnt fuel into the exhaust than it would would if you just held the gas pedal far enough to get 2800 rpm.

David

ScrapSC
11-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Great run Chris!!! Good to see you get that goal of a 10 sec slip!

Was bummed to hear about the Maurader. Hell just bring the T-bird! LOL:D

SCme94
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Man....I am a few days late to this party. Congrats Chris!!!

ScrapSC
11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
You bringing that Neon down Tony?:D

SCme94
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I would like to make it down one of these times. I am all car'd out this year though. I already took the insurance off the T-bird and Neon.

Ken Seegers
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Chris congrats!

MagpoweredSC
11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Congrats! Truly awesome.

HRTBIRD
11-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Awesome job Chris. See ya had Hoosier's on the front, just curious what was on the back? Looked like Mickey T's but couldn't really tell.

BLOWN38
11-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Awesome job Chris. See ya had Hoosier's on the front, just curious what was on the back? Looked like Mickey T's but couldn't really tell.

Thanks again guys.

Yeah they are MT et streets. When I get the wheels I want they'll all be hoosiers.:)

They are actually a buddy's of mine he wrecked is car with my wheels so I'm using his.;)

Dave, the 2 step on Dad's Marauder is good for .1, .05 in the 60'. Not sure what the boost is on his car when up on it tho and no way to find out right now.:(

frdlvr30
11-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks again guys.

Yeah they are MT et streets. When I get the wheels I want they'll all be hoosiers.:)

They are actually a buddy's of mine he wrecked is car with my wheels so I'm using his.;)

Dave, the 2 step on Dad's Marauder is good for .1, .05 in the 60'. Not sure what the boost is on his car when up on it tho and no way to find out right now.:(

Im assuming the engine is totaled again in your dad's car? Need a better blower and less bottle. It will live much longer as im sure you know. Especially as much as you two run them....Sorry to hear that...It is impressive though....just ask the Pinks crew.

BLOWN38
11-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Im assuming the engine is totaled again in your dad's car? Need a better blower and less bottle. It will live much longer as im sure you know. Especially as much as you two run them....Sorry to hear that...It is impressive though....just ask the Pinks crew.

You mean like this?:)

frdlvr30
11-10-2010, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=BLOWN38;916169]You mean like this?:)[/QUOTE
Yes, pretty much exactly like that! You two dont @#$% around....:eek:

BLOWN38
11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Too bad I didn't get it on before the motor got wrecked. Who knows if he's gonna even play next year.:confused:

BLOWN38
11-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Got my 4k stall in the car. Can footbrake it to 2200 before it starts pushing. Can get the 2 step up to 2k at 5psi boost till it starts grabbing and getting jerky.

David, on the foot brake at 2200 rpm i am just about at 0 vacuum/boost, on the 2 step in neutral with the gas matted the boost gets to >10, in drive on the 2 step at 2k rpm I can get the boost to 5psi. I will try the footbrake and 2 step and see what the difference is in the 60's, 330's with it in boost and not on launch.

Going to the track sunday to test her out.

1MTNCAT
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, I'm not real happy with that 2000-2200 crap. :rolleyes: But we'll see what it does coming off the two step on the track. If it flashes upward coming out of the hole then its all good considering it has built some boost and would likely build more.

Guess time will tell. :)

neverfastenough
11-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Hell yeah chris, 2 step FTW

David Neibert
11-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Got my 4k stall in the car. Can footbrake it to 2200 before it starts pushing. Can get the 2 step up to 2k at 5psi boost till it starts grabbing and getting jerky.

David, on the foot brake at 2200 rpm i am just about at 0 vacuum/boost, on the 2 step in neutral with the gas matted the boost gets to >10, in drive on the 2 step at 2k rpm I can get the boost to 5psi. I will try the footbrake and 2 step and see what the difference is in the 60's, 330's with it in boost and not on launch.

I'm not really understanding why it makes more boost at the same rpms on the two step vs. off the two step, but it sure does sound like it would launch harder. I'm kind of surprised that you can only footbrake to 2200 with a 4000 stall, because I think Kurt K can footbrake his to 2500-2800 and his is supposed to be around 3500 stall.

Looking forward to hearing your results.

David

PS: I'll be installing the new Dirtydog 3500 stall converter I won at the Shootout in my 91 this winter.

XR7 Dave
11-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Something is wrong with your transmission. Did you tell Alan how it the converter stays locked 100% of the time after you shift out of 1st gear? I think you should be able to foot brake that converter to at least 2800-3000rpm. I believe Kurt's will go at least that high.

fturner
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I can foot brake mine to almost 2600 and mine is only a 3000 stall.

Fraser

BLOWN38
11-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Something is wrong with your transmission. Did you tell Alan how it the converter stays locked 100% of the time after you shift out of 1st gear? I think you should be able to foot brake that converter to at least 2800-3000rpm. I believe Kurt's will go at least that high.

Yeah, I asked him. He said its impossible for it to be locked in first. Said it could be a lazy solenoid. Also said something about bigger cooler lines. Need to get back with him about that.

We'll see what it does this weekend. Then I'll get under there and make a mess pulling the pan. Replace the solenoids check the wires and see about new cooler lines. Then get a pan with a drain on it so I don't make anymore messes when I gotta go back in it.

Kurt K
11-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Something is wrong with your transmission. Did you tell Alan how it the converter stays locked 100% of the time after you shift out of 1st gear? I think you should be able to foot brake that converter to at least 2800-3000rpm. I believe Kurt's will go at least that high.I can easily hold 3000 rpm without pushing the car.

XR7 Dave
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I asked him. He said its impossible for it to be locked in first. Said it could be a lazy solenoid. Also said something about bigger cooler lines. Need to get back with him about that.

We'll see what it does this weekend. Then I'll get under there and make a mess pulling the pan. Replace the solenoids check the wires and see about new cooler lines. Then get a pan with a drain on it so I don't make anymore messes when I gotta go back in it.

I know it doesn't lock in 1st, but you have something wrong with your transmission. Your converter stays locked up in all gears (2-4), including during shifts. This is also not supposed to be possible either.