Jackshaft OD pulley versus SC OD pulley? Which to use?

phils89sc

Ok, I am confused a bit on the whole jackshaft and SC pulley thing. Which one should I use and why? I thought the usual way to overdrive the SC was to buy a five or ten percent overdrive pulley? Can anyone help me here?

Alway better to overdrive the blower using the jackshaft pulley, because it has increased surface area (bigger diameter), where overdriving with the blower pulley requires a smaller diameter pulley with reduced surface area. Less surface area=greater chance of belt slip.

David

PS: Jackshaft pulley is also easier to change than a blower pulley.

Alway better to overdrive the blower using the jackshaft pulley, because it has increased surface area (bigger diameter), where overdriving with the blower pulley requires a smaller diameter pulley with reduced surface area. Less surface area=greater chance of belt slip.

David

PS: Jackshaft pulley is also easier to change than a blower pulley.

So I could use the factory pulley on the supercharger, and a 10% jackshaft pulley, and that would still effectively give me the 10% overdrive on the supercharger?

ok I'm in a similar spot....10 sc all ready on car, would it be better or give me an increase in power to change to a jackshaft pulley?

10% SC pulleys have a tendenacy to slip. Depends if yours is slipping or not, but an overdrive JS pulley has much less tendency to slip. Plus the aluminum jackshaft is much lighter then the stock steel pulley.

You can run both without issues, thats how most are able to achieve high overdrive %'s. Look for belt dust on the cam sensor, and if the blower pulley is starting to get polished where the belt rides.

Back