K-memberAlignment

bowez

I am putting the K-member back in after replacing the oil pan and curious is there an alignment spec to it or does it just bolt right back in?

There are two holes between the front bolts that are used to align the K-Member to the uni-body.

Attachments

• HPIM0323.JPG
    HPIM0323.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 81
  • HPIM0324.JPG
    HPIM0324.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 89
Use 3/4" OD pipe sections and put them into those holes - they will guide your K member to be aligned correctly.

- Dan

Have them lined up on the holes and the k-member is still skewed.

Last edited:
Sounds like something's bent. If it's not a great deal, I wouldn't worry about, an alignment should correct any minor differences.

I give up for the weekend. Monday I'll get some better tools from work and hope can get the 3/4 inch out of it.

Found it.

My reference point is skewed--the bar between radiator and sway bar. Need the drivers side to go to the other end of the slot.

Any good ways to get it back straight? I'm thinking of using a pipe-clamp to push it together.

The alignment holes in the sub-frame are not 3/4", I picked up two pieces CR 3/4" round stock from work and they do not fit ( I miced them and were a few thousandth under).

Last edited:
Found it.

My reference point is skewed--the bar between radiator and sway bar. Need the drivers side to go to the other end of the slot.

Any good ways to get it back straight? I'm thinking of using a pipe-clamp to push it together.

The alignment holes in the sub-frame are not 3/4", I picked up two pieces CR 3/4" round stock from work and they do not fit ( I miced them and were a few thousandth under).

Your reference point should be the alignment holes. Do the driver's side first, then the passenger side.

Alignment holes line up just fine.

What I noticed was the bar that connects the two sides of the K-member in front of the Tension Strut. It is/was not parallel to the radiator, now I need some help figuring how to get it back on. Looking that the bolt marks on it, it has been in that position for some time (skewed).

Alignment holes line up just fine.

What I noticed was the bar that connects the two sides of the K-member in front of the Tension Strut. It is/was not parallel to the radiator, now I need some help figuring how to get it back on. Looking that the bolt marks on it, it has been in that position for some time (skewed).

Then we're back to something being bent.

Take some pictures.

Installing the cross-bar is a simple matter of installing the two bolts, unless something is bent out of shape.

Back