would like to get poly bushing kit for whole car
shifter rebuild kit for 89 manual
cai or parts ro build own
exhaust i have classic plates so no emission test
dash pad just top
door hinge pins (door sags)
brake upgrade all stock now
1" lowering springs

im on a very small budget and limited skill im just working on making it run and drive a lil better before i go crazy on speed

Jeff Bratton
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Good place to start is .... (1) our "For Sale" Section in the forums, (2) Post up what you are needing in our "Wanted" Section in the forums, or (3) Ebay, under "Thunderbird SC".

I hope this helps out.

RalphP
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
i need
body mounts bad
e brake cable i cant get any adjustment due to rust
dash pad just top
1" lowering springs

im on a very small budget and limited skill im just working on making it run and drive a lil better before i go crazy on speed

First off, check the tech articles here and on *gasp* TCCOA.COM .

Secondly - for each of the below, check the "For Sale" listings here (and, if I don't get kicked for this - TCCOA.COM ). Amazing what people will sell.

Body mounts - I presume you mean the subframe to unibody rubbers? Check and see if DLF has any left (sales have been slow, so he's getting out of it.) Search for DLF posts here.

EBrake cable? Ahem. RockAuto - search for a 5% discount code here on SCCoA. Or ask, several of us have one that's current.

Poly bushing kit - www.supercoupeperformance.com has them.

Shifter rebuild kit - Here, or the tech articles.

CAI - You DO know the factory air intake is a cold air intake, don't you? Most so-called CAIs suck air in from the engine bay. I'd recommend a low -restriction filter (hint: SCs don't really like oiled filters, so K&N is out) in the factory box at first.

Exhaust - www.mandrelbentexhaust.com for the rear pipes. Local custom for the front. Or catch a set on sale here.

Dash pad - Pad only, check places such as Andy's Auto Parts and do a google for Dash Pad. Also, someone here (Regul8r?) had a grey one for sale for a Gen 1 bird.

Door hinge kits? Search - there's kits at the local Advance, Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, etc.

Brake upgrade? See the tech articles and search here.

1" Lowering springs? There's been a few for sale here and on TCCOA. Also, several of the hot rod shops (places like Super Coupe Performance and, oh, don't forget www.spinningwheels-sc.com ) have them new.

Good idea to plan on getting it running right before trying to boost the power.

RwP

slowpoke
10-11-2010, 01:24 PM
i need
body mounts bad
e brake cable i cant get any adjustment due to rust
dash pad just top
1" lowering springs

ford still has shifter rebuild kits for rangers, they use the same shifter guts. no boot though. i had to make a boot.

you did not say which part of the e-brake cable you need. there are 2 sections to it. the subframe section is easy, however the handle to subframe section will require removal of the back seat, center console, and you will have to pull the carpet up a lil. be careful if its that cable, many places will sell you a cable thats not right but yet there pc's say it is. the eyelet for attaching to the handle are usually different.

90turbo1
10-11-2010, 01:49 PM
A lot of time but little money can get you a nice dash at a pull and save. or pick a part what ever name they use.

the last visit to the bone yard i had i saw about 4 good non cracked dash pads in black and blue colors.

just would take some time and tools. but at that particular yard would cost a person 15 bucks..