1.73 roller rockers

Brad2296

I've got 15 1.73 ratio pedestal mount roller rockers, with allen head bolts (I believe they are m8). They have less then 1,000 miles on them.

Even though our motors only need 12, I'm selling all 15.

$125 or best.

Last edited:
Why will they not work? I did a test fit with them before I bought them on a spare motor I have, that they went on just fine.

The rocker bodies are physically different which will result in improper geometry. The 3.8 shares rocker bodies with the 351C/429/460.

Brad,

You need to find out if you intend to try to sell these here. Otherwise you will have to post on a Mustang board if they are from a 5.0.

Well my buddy doesn't remember which motor they came from. He had a 408W and a 351C in the mustang at different points, and doesn't remember which ones he sold me. I had my buddy who also has a SC look at them, and he said they will work fine, and doesn't see a reason why they shouldn't. If I were to take a picture of them in multi-angles and post it, would you, or someone be able to know if they are right or not, just by looking at them?

Well my buddy doesn't remember which motor they came from. He had a 408W and a 351C in the mustang at different points, and doesn't remember which ones he sold me. I had my buddy who also has a SC look at them, and he said they will work fine, and doesn't see a reason why they shouldn't. If I were to take a picture of them in multi-angles and post it, would you, or someone be able to know if they are right or not, just by looking at them?

May be able to, expecially if you put a stock stamped SC rocker alongside.

What would the ratio be if I used rockers from a 351C.....

Eddy,

All 351C/351M/400M and 429/460 use a 1.73 ratio and the body is the same as the 3.8. The difference is that most of them were mounted on a stud or a 5/16 bolt. The aftermarket 3.8 rockers are machined for and come with an 8mm bolt.

Back